This is a WiP. To some extent it’s a dumping ground at the moment, and not organized. It’ll get better.
Links to get the feel and general info
- Art Styles of the Vikings – https://lookviking.com/pages/art-styles-of-the-vikings
- Clothing in the Viking Age – The Viking Answer Lady – http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/clothing.shtml
- Viking art – From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking_art
- Wadmal – From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wadmal
- Shoes – https://www.deviantart.com/scargeear/art/SD-BJD-Viking-Mammen-shoes-471640855
- Florilegium page – http://www.florilegium.org/files/NORSE/idxNorse.html
- Another Florilegium page – http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/viking.html
- More shoes – https://www.deviantart.com/scargeear/art/SD-BJD-Viking-Hedeby-shoes-471640406
Some patterns thanks to Claire
Viking Age head-coverings – https://ciarsstitchintime.wordpress.com/2013/10/24/viking-age-head-coverings/
Rectangular Construction by Leora the Red – Barony of Terra Pomaria – Leora the Red teaches “Rectangular Construction”. Learn this great tool for making and designing dresses, tunics, and coats. With measurements and a little imagination you will soon we making amazing clothing for your next event!
PDF’s – We’re not sure what the attribution is on these! Please don’t violate their copyright. SCA use only, non-commercial, educational…..
More to come!
Page created and published 8/29/21 (2021)M. Bartlett
Last updated 9/24/21