Hedeby, Peas in a Bag from An Early Meal by Serra & Tunberg ©2013 ISBN 978-91-981056-0-5 pg.
- 6dl dried yellow or grey peas
- 1 tbsp dried or ½ dl fresh thyme
- 250 wil leek or scallions
- 3L stock, minimum
- Soak peas in water overnight
- Chop thyme and leek coarsely.
- Faill a bag or cloth with the peasn mixed with herbs and close or sew the bag shut.
- Make a good stock off whatever meat you have left over or plan to boil anyway.
- Add the bag and let it cook until the peas are getting soft, about two hours.
- Open and serve, preferably with the meat used for stock.
- Both yellow and grey peas are available online, “dried whole pea grey”.
- Scallions are going to be easier to come by.\
Page created and published 9/17/21 (C)M. Bartlett (Some parts otherwise copyright)
Last updated 9/17/21