Kaupang, Bread in a Bag from An Early Meal by Serra & Tunberg ©2013 ISBN 978-91-981056-0-5 pg.70
- 1L Barley flour (coarsely ground or ground on a hand quern
- 3-4dl water
- 1 dl lingonberries
- 1 TBPS ground caraway seed
- Linen Bag or cloth
- Mix barley, water, lingonberries and caraway into a somewhat firm dough. Adjust the amount of water to flour in order to get the desired consistency.
- Divid itinto lumps of approximately ½ kg each.
- Place the dough onto floured linen cloth. Sew or tie together.
- Boil in the stock, whatever you are cooking meat in.
- Let boil for about 30 minutes
- Take the bread out of the stock and let cool a little
- Oepn the bag
- Serve with boiled meat or stewed vegetables.
- Assorted greens like ramsons, angelica, orach, turnip leaves, sorrels or what you can gather make a good change to the lingonberries as flavor to the bread.
Page created and published 9/17/21 (C)M. Bartlett (Some parts otherwise copyright)
Last updated 9/17/21