Hedeby, Hazelnut Treats from An Early Meal by Serra & Tunberg ©2013 ISBN 978-91-981056-0-5 pg.102
- 200g hazlenuts
- 1 egg
- 1/2dl Honey
- 1 1 ½ dl flour
- Pound or grind the nuts finely.
- Beat the egg
- Work the beaten egg and honey into the ground hazelnuts.
- Add flour until the dough is easily shaped. It should not be too dry.
- Work them into small patties, not thicker than 1.5cm.
- Dry the cakes on a flat stone next to the embrder or in a pan without fat on low heat. Dry, not fry.
- Egg…. These need to go to 165F to be safe to eat. I’m thinking oven….
Page created and published 9/17/21 (C)M. Bartlett (Some parts otherwise copyright)
Last updated 9/17/21