Lofoten, Skyr from An Early Meal by Serra & Tunberg ©2013 ISBN 978-91-981056-0-5 pg.
- 3dl crème fraiche
- 2L sour milk
- Mix together in a pot.
- Heat the mixture at low temperature without stirring.
- When it starts looking yellowish and cracked, take it off the heat.
- Let drain in a cloth for 12 hours.
- Be careful to collect the whey. It is excellent to drink as is or to use in other dishes to add acidity
- Skyr is what is in the cloth. The consistency and acidity depend on how long you let it drain.
- Save some to us as a starter culture in fresh milk for your next batch.
- This can be cooked in a crockpot, and was probably done in stone crocks in the firepit.
- Should we save starter culture to hand out?
- I think I’m going to find a better recipe…..
Page created and published 9/17/21 (C)M. Bartlett (Some parts otherwise copyright)
Last updated 9/17/21