Jorvik, Wheat Frumenty with Cheese from An Early Meal by Serra & Tunberg ©2013 ISBN 978-91-981056-0-5 pg.108
- 6-8dl water/stock
- 4dl wheat seeds for cooking
- 125g traditional hard cheese (such as Spanish manchego)
- 2 tsp ground coriander seed
- 1, 5dl cut cress
- Add boiling water by the ladle to the wheat as if making a risotto, approx. 4dl, until the wheat is cooked.
- When cooked add finely chopped cheese, coriander and cress.
- Mix and serve.
- Since this dish is sweet, fat, and peppery it goes very well with salted and/or smoked pork.
- Do they mean wheat berries when they say, “seeds”?
- Anybody here ever made risotto?
- Can we buy cress in the grocery in February? Or can we sub something?
Page created and published 9/16/21 (C)M. Bartlett (Some parts otherwise copyright)
Last updated 9/16/21