This has been a not-too-busy month up until the last couple of days! Hoping that everyone is having a wonderful time at Egil’s and Grand Thing! Last weekend at Crown Tryggr, among others, was put on vigil, so Anja was cooking/baking to send some things, since only one of us is able to go to Egil’s. The House banner will be there on behalf of the rest of us. A lot of largesse got prepped to leave last night, along with a Silent Auction offering, and a prize box went out last week.
We’ve been experimenting some more with cheese and found a lovely Italian-style cheese that fries beautifully, a batch of which went to Egil’s with the shortbread, pickled eggs and garlic butter.
A lot of sewing/mending has been going on, people finishing projects, cleaning up some of the things in the House loaner gear.
There are also 5 new people who are possibly going to start playing with us. 2 want to fight, so that’s going to be on the agenda.
This week’s task is to try making some pool noodle stick horses. Anja is going to be teaching a toys workshop at War in the Trees, and wants to do some of these! We’ll be doing more cheese this month. We’re hoping to try mozzarella. We’re also hoping to get going on the gameboard/feast gear sets again.
Also Anja is teaching the 2nd half of the blackwork class at Investiture, and then at AnTir/West war a class on period balls.
This month (these are standard meeting times)
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Thursdays, 6-8pm and Saturday’s 3-5pm.
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese and Wine is an occasional meeting. Watch our Facebook group for notices!
- Next Potluck is on 6/25. In garb (if you can) and bring a dish to share!
- Through 4/30/17 – http://wp.me/p8ngGY-pf
- Through 5/7 – http://wp.me/p8ngGY-qw
- Through 5/14 – http://wp.me/p8ngGY-rK
- Through 5/21, Potluck – http://wp.me/p8ngGY-sC
- …and this week’s will show up here: http://wp.me/p8ngGY-uu
Here are the direct Portfolio links which have all the past Project Day reports and all the various projects, just whomp through pictures until what you see appeals to you, mouse-hover on the pic and then hit “view” when that shows.
- Original Blog (pre-7/19/15) here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/
- Our newer portfolio (7/20/15 – 2/6/17) is here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/
- …and the newest (2/6/17 and newer) https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/
…and to get to Ancient Light – https://www.google.com/maps/dir/”/email@example.com,-124.1371198,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x54c1c24bf1be429f:0x69542f3011d51d41!2m2!1d-124.06708!2d44.426685