Things have been calming down on the mundane front, so there’ve been more members checking in and starting projects. We also got to see a Friend of the House that lives back east who came by on a visit. Most of this month’s progress has been on trial run dishes for the Winter Feast, though, although we tried to get our largesse contribution out last week. I guess it’ll get handed off this coming month.
Another of the fig rennet cheeses happened early in the month, and we had some of it at the potluck. Next up is thistle rennet! Other dishes got researched like Parry of Pesoun and Cameline Sauce, and the sauces from Le Viandier are turning out to be pretty good. We also needed to find out what some ingredients listed for those were, including white verjus and red sugar.
Anja, Loren and Jay had to miss Adiantum’s Whistling Pig Tavern because of transportation problems, but we finished the month with another good potluck.
We have a couple of events coming up that
members are planning on. Not the least is Marya’s elevation to the Laurel at Tri-Baronial Yule! Anja is planning on going with William and Aesa.
This month (these are standard meeting times)
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese and Wine is an occasional meeting. Watch our Facebook group for notices!
- Potluck is usually 3rd Sunday of the month. In garb (if you can) and bring a dish to share! Next on 12/16, 1/20 (no Feb potluck)
- Activities through 10-28-18 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-1My
- Activities through 11-4-18 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-1O9
- Activities through 11-11-18 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-1Pw
- Activities through 11-18-18 Potluck – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-1iN
…and this coming week’s (live by Monday) Activities through 11-25-18 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-1RS
Here are the direct Portfolio links which have all the past Project Day reports and all the various projects, just whomp through pictures until what you see appeals to you, mouse-hover on the pic and then hit “view” when that shows.
- Original Blog (pre-7/19/15) here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/
- Our newer portfolio (7/20/15 – 2/6/17) is here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/
- …and the newest (2/6/17 and newer) https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio
…and to get to Ancient Light – https://www.google.com/maps/dir/”/email@example.com,-124.1371198,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x54c1c24bf1be429f:0x69542f3011d51d41!2m2!1d-124.06708!2d44.426685