Sorry for the bad picture quality this week. We’re working with a damaged camera and a different set of software. That’s why the pix are darker than usual and rather greyed (or yellowed) out like the Pickle Fridge pic.
We had a quiet week. Most of the workshops got cancelled when
Anja went down sick. She’s better, but not quite well, yet. She’s hoping by the time the next Sewing workshop rolls around she’ll be back at it.
So we’re planning on workshops this week again, more cookery leading to the potluck on Sunday. Feast planning and invites are being accomplished.
- Sewing Night – At Ancient Light, Thursdays, 6-8pm
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese & Wine – Watch the schedule or the Facebook group! This is going to be irregularly scheduled for when tasks need to occur.
- Next Potluck – 1/21
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Out of the SCA History book…..
Steve Jarvis ,Marian Harris and A.m. Brosius. – Preparing to present the finished tapestry at the 30 Year Celebration. This piece was worked with natural dyes as much as possible by Adiantum. Amazing! I remember seeing this. …and we’re now well past 50th year….
Cabbage pickle for the feast was the big thing on Monday. Loren got the jars cleaned and then we started in. We ended up with 3 big jars for the feast, and one for us. Next was a beef broth that we needed for holoupky. We made a batch of filling, then a set of the cabbage rolls for ourselves and they turned out really well! I’m glad we finally tracked down a period or arguably period version. There’s quite a bit of left over filling in the freezer, for that.
Cookery – We should have gotten more done this week. We had planned another batch of haloupky, this time with pictures, and some knedliky, but they’re going to have to have their debut next week for the potluck. The problem is that Anja went down sick, which limits what Loren can do, even on breads, although he finally got to some rye rolls on Project Day.
Sewing Times – …were cancelled, because Anja was out, but she worked on some things, anyway.
Herb Bunch – …again, cancelled, but there are some pix from earlier in the week of things that we’re growing for the feast.
12th Night – None of us got to go this year, but we have some pix of Sverre’s Knighting (was Summits Prince last year), Idonia’s Laurelling (used to live in Adiantum where her mother still is and was Alpine Scholar) and Iurii’s (Anja’s brother) tiara win!
Project Day – Gudrun checked in and we did some planning for the feast. She’s going to keep the loaner garb from getting out of control. …and we were trying to work out how to get her copy of the invite posted. …and how to find some <<< bliaut wool or some decent linen for one and a surcoat. …and Anja was working on how to do the “Pheasant head” for the subtlety. That might have gotten worked out with texturing as on the right. Sadb also checked in and is planning to be the one in charge of the solar. Her ankle is immensely better!
Loren made a batch of rye rolls, which he brought home to bake and worked on a bone needle. Anja kept sewing. She’s figuring out how to do the snap purses better each time.
1st attempt…. ew…
The embroidered one… a little better
Music – Hopefully this one will play for you. It’s a little glitchy in the transitions.
- Russians are crazy….but you knew that…. http://www.medievalists.net/2015/12/surviving-winter-in-the-middle-ages/
- A fun cookbook with some interesting German recipes http://www.mkcc.rhawn.com/MKCCfiles/TarrachAndFinaCoronation.html
- A bliaut pattern – http://danikaulakisart.com/bliaut.pdf
- Another Eulalia! This about these for potlucks, too. – https://medievalyork.com/2018/01/14/eulalias-shamefully-easy-cheaters-method-for-zero-stress-vigil-snacks/
- History of the SCA – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKpiCwiJ3Bk
- Guedelon! New series! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6K4Ju_PuaA
- On Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Guedelon/videos/1631578166922643
- A silent flight over Guedelon, no, nothing is wrong with your volume…. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj2zIm1S2VA
Anja, Loren, Amy, Gudrun (V), Sadb (V)
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 271 plus 25 pouches for block-printing, 14 (plus 26 unfinished) pincushion, 2 sewing kits (except for bone needles), varnished stuff (124) three snap pouch, one double drawstring pouch
Total as a Household = 3630 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 1/3/17 & published 1/15/18 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 1/15/18