Folks are concentrating on our Feast enough that other projects have been put aside, or mostly. Loren did make another needle and Anja’s been embroidering. Gudrun has new boots. Amy made povidla for the Feast. Herbs Workshop did some seed and snip starts, though.
Meetings are at the normal times this week.
- Sewing Night – At Ancient Light, Thursdays, 6-8pm
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese & Wine – put off until after the Feast.
- House Capuchin’s Winter Feast Sunday 2/18!
- Next Potluck – 3/18
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Early Week – Anja was stitching. Amy made another batch of povidla. Loren found and put….somewhere… the pieces of the tinkle loom, but then carved and finished another bone needle.
Sewing Time – Thursday – …was just Anja, although some people have been asking about learning to darn socks.
Sewing Time – Saturday
Herb Bunch – Was mostly on starting seeds and herbs from slips. We did one tray of succulents and then another of herb slips and some edible gourd seeds. Yes, we’re using newspaper starter pots (you can see the tool for making them in the 2nd photo) and cake boxes as mini-greenhouses.
Now, we wait for things to take or sprout…..
Project Day – Loren hunted for the pieces of the tinkle loom. He put them somewhere when Anja was sorting toys to go to Adiantum’s Mid-Winter Feast. Anja made the garlic cheese. Later in the afternoon, after working on some sewing, she finished the cookbook except for the Wine-Pickled mushrooms recipe.
Krless – I especially love In Taberna!
Anja, Gudrun, Loren, Amy
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 271 plus 25 pouches for block-printing, 14 (plus 27 unfinished) pincushion, 2 sewing kits (except for bone needles), varnished stuff (124) four snap pouch, one double drawstring pouch, 4 brocade pouch
Total as a Household = 3630 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 1/15/18 & published 1/28/18 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 1/28/18