Biggest new thing is that we have a steady group of mundanes now in the Herbs Workshop, so we’re doing “academics” this month and then starting on practical this coming month.
All meetings should happen on time this week. We’re planning a schiz later in the week, so watch the Facebook page. Also, the cheeses are still available for tasting, but they’re getting nibbled, steadily, so stop by soon!
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Next Potluck – 11/18, 12/16
- Winter Feast Date is 2/17/19
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Early Week – Of course we had to start the week with cleanup from the feast. On Tuesday we did some planting and more winterizing of the plant pots and starting to dry some donated thyme for dishes for later. That was dry and prepped on Sunday. Sash says, “The place starts to look like a home! Thanks, everyone!” Gudrun’s issues are resolving. She’s gotten some help.
Cookery – Planning, mostly.
Sewing – Anja is still finishing that cuff…. there was a major mistake and she’s had to pick out and re-embroider 1/2 a dozen times, now, but it was done at the end of project day and she started the other. (pix below)
Sewing Time – Saturday – The time got away from us with the Waldport Halloween celebrations, but a little embroidery happened while that was going on.
Herb Bunch – …was all about oils and salves, particularly wood butter.
Project Day – We didn’t get all that much done, other than a guy who came in for a taste test on the cheeses. Amy was in for a bit. Anja got the thyme stripped and prepared for cooking. She also worked on the cuff that she’s been embroidering. Loren worked on the photos for the “In Memoriam” page that the House is putting together.
Cantigas de Santa Maria – Tradução Português – EGMusic Classic
- Vita: Ave Rex gentis Anglorum / Domine labia mea aperies 3:26
- Vita: Exulta sancta ecclesia 1:46
- Vita: Stans a longe 1:46
- Vita: Sancte indolis puer / Cuiu infanciam 2:43
- Vita: Egregium decus 1:13
- Vita: Lectio 1:07
- Vita: Legem dedit rex crudelis 0:55
- Vita: Lectio 3:19
- Vita: Miles Christi Eadmundus / Ignis & ferrum / Gloria 3:51
- Vita: Ait autem Eadmundus 1:16
- Passio: Tubam bellicosam 2:03
- Passio: Vinctus ferro 0:48
- Passio: Quo amplior esse 1:05
- Passio: Crescit ad penam Sanctus / Rivus sanguinis 2:26
- Passio: Martyri adhuc palpitanti / Capud sanctitate plenum 2:34
- Passio: Misso spiculatore 1:02
- Passio: Lectio 1:08
- Passio: Fistula 2:19
- Passio: Resectum ergo / Exaudifit Dominus / Heu pastor 3:41
- Miracula: Capud martyris verba edidit / Condoluit pater 2:55
- Miracula: Peregrinacio 2:24
- Miracula: Admirabilis fuit / Ex iocunditate 2:18
- Miracula: Preciosum martyris corput / Tantum in collo 4:27
- Miracula: Lyra 2:21
- Miracula: Quidam magne potencie vir Lefstanus 1:08
- Miracula: Reserato ergo locello 0:56
- Miracula: Gloriosus Dei adleta Eadmundus 2:09
- Miracula: O sanctissimi patris Eadmundi 2:00
- Miracula: Lectio / Amen 2:20
- Vita: Classicum 1:07
LA REVERDIE, stylized as “LaReverdie”, is an Italian group that performs medieval and renaissance polyphonic music. The name Reverdie was founded in 1986 by two sisters, Livia Caffagni, Claudia Caffagni, Ella de Mircovich and Elisabetta de Mircovich. In 1989, La Reverdie added his first and only male member, United States-born bugler Doron David Sherwin, who gained entry when he married Livia Caffagni. La Reverdie often works with musicians outside the group, and each member maintains separate and busy careers; Livia Caffagni teaches at the University of Trento, Claudia Caffagni at the Tartini Conservatory in Trieste, and Elisabetta de Mircovich is also a member of Sonatori de la Gioiosa Marca and has worked with the English group Sequentia. Origin Medieval Music – Portuguese Translation.
- Ancient Black Sea shipwreck is unprecedented discovery – https://www.nationalgeographic.com/culture/2018/10/black-sea-shipwreck-archaeology-map/
- First Set of Gender-Neutral Titles Approved for SCA Usage – https://eastkingdomgazette.org/2018/10/25/first-set-of-gender-neutral-titles-approved-for-sca-usage/?fbclid=IwAR3QSk3mEFWU3N55OlTkNVNsnT93GaM9qVDEWil3YbgDQD1w01QN0tU-fWM
- English Embroidery in the Metropolitan Museum 1580-1700: ‘Twixt Art and Nature
- – http://store.bgc.bard.edu/english-embroidery-in-the-metropolitan-museum-1580-1700-twixt-art-and-nature-edited-by-melinda-watt-and-andrew-morrall/?fbclid=IwAR2UGBnqHa2_nfi-CV35RhH2iIRNLQYhoQQhZpycqJ98ff4B3IYAo7zDfpM
- A page of our feast cookbooks – https://wp.me/P8ngGY-1OH
- In Memoriam – https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/in-memoriam/ – Not yet live…..
Anja, Loren, Sasha, Gudrun (v), Amor (v), Amy
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 304
- ASLIII – 82 plus 25 pouches for block-printing, 8 bookmarkers, 25 bottles of gall ink, 25 unfinished pincushions, 1 sewing kit (except for bone needle), varnished stuff (124)
- Total as a Household = 3766 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 10/16/18 & published ??/??/18 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 10/28/18