Anja and Loren are doing inventory this week and it messed with them doing much of anything House related. Meetings were available to happen at the usual times, but nobody else showed. We had a great time with Jay and Josh, though!
This coming week is potluck, so we’ll be doing more during the week.
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Next Potluck – – 11/18, 12/16, 1/20 (no Feb potluck)
- Winter Feast Date is 2/17/19
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Early Week – Anja got the problems with the pictures sorted out Monday night and posted the update on the cheese.
Visit from a Friend of the House – On Wednesday Jay came down to Waldport with Josh. Josh is the Friend who lives in Missouri, who was here for the February Winter Feast. We haven’t seen Jay
for awhile, either. We spent the evening talking foodie stuff, everything from this year’s feast, last year’s good foods, trying some lovely blue cheese and how to equip a kitchen. They also brought us a bottle of some wonderful saffron!
They’ve been doing a lot of research and are planning on doing a trial run on the black pepper sauce from Tallivent and maybe the lamprey sauce, if they can source some lampreys. Their fun one has been discovering Gode Cookery! I got them started on the Gutenberg Project links, as well.
Josh found some recipes for mushroom and cheese pie, an almond milk and barley gruel and we talked about making small house flags to add to the dishes. …and they love the idea of the poulaille farcie dragon!
Sewing – We spent a little time finding the pieces of loaner garb that need to be mended. They’re now all in one place, at least. No progress, otherwise.
Herb Bunch – ….started the week with getting the last of the tender plants moved. More plants got shifted as the week went on and Wednesday evening was so cold that some actually got covered to keep them from freezing! There wasn’t anyone in on Saturday for the Herbs workshop, so Anja packed herbs for her shop. Next week, we’ll be making more wood butter.
Project Day – Just didn’t really happen. It was just Anja and Loren this week and with doing inventory….
Miscellaneous pix – Made from Recycled packing materials! – https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2018/11/renaissance-costumes-by-suzanne-jongmans/?fbclid=IwAR3vR9lUxJloJStSOKy1VTK9M285qDHw2RtMczOQSyLjNwdxPFPOq-IEZ7M
Medieval Landini and His Time 14th Italian Ars Nova; Ensemble Alba Musica Kyo – EGMusic Classic – Published on Jun 10, 2017
- Laurel regalia – http://jewelrydeconstructed.com/blog/2018/11/04/artisans-the-sca-regalia-and-rfps/
- The Care and Feeding of Laurels As Artists – https://chateaukermesse.wordpress.com/2017/12/18/the-care-and-feeding-of-laurels-as-artists
- Han Purple: A 2,800-year-old artificial pigment that quantum physicists are trying to understand – https://www.ancient-origins.net/artifacts-ancient-technology/han-purple-2800-year-old-artificial-pigment-quantum-020105
- The Father of Modern Education – http://www.tresbohemes.com/2016/08/father-of-modern-education/
Anja, Loren, Jay, Josh, Sash (V), Gudrun (V), Gogor (V)
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 304
- ASLIII – 82 plus 25 pouches for block-printing, 8 bookmarkers, 25 bottles of gall ink, 25 unfinished pincushions, 1 sewing kit (except for bone needle), varnished stuff (124)
- Total as a Household = 3766 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 11/1/18 & published 11/11/18 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 11/15/18