Every day this week was busy! Folks are setting up for the holidays, 12th Night sewing projects are going on, more food is getting worked on, as well. One house member is moving, another took a flying trip home to see family. Nuts! Anja and Loren are getting ready to go to Tymberhavene’s Yule this coming weekend.
…and this coming week is likely to be worse, even with all meetings on time. Glad Yule!
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Next Potluck – – 1/20 (no Feb potluck), 3/17
- Winter Feast Date is 2/17/19
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
No matter what holiday you celebrate, most of us in period would have been celebrating this one…. and it’s a good one. New life, new year, the Son and Sun have returned. The Light grows! Happy holidays!
Joseph, dearest Joseph mine,
help me cradle the Child divine
God rewards thee and all that’s thine
so prays the mother Mary.
Gladly, dearest Mary mine,
help I cradle this child of mine
God’s own light on us both shall shine
as prays the mother Mary.”
(First verses of a 14th-century German carol.)
Early Week – First thing, the blackworked set got shipped to the person who is going to sew the shirt. The 2 little pincushion gnomes already have homes, 3 more got made and sent on and more are in process.
Isabeau finally got back in touch. Her life has been crazy.
The news on Anja’s brother, Iurii Levenchich wasn’t so hot. He’s been in the hospital for a couple of weeks now, going home at one point only to be sent right back by his doc. …and he’s going to be either there or in rehab over Christmas and using a walker because he fell and bonked his head. <sigh> So he got moved to rehab late in the week and Anja and Loren are going to go visit on Wednesday.
Cookery – We started the week eating up leftovers and working out amounts for the fillings and chicken parts. We’re going to do one whole one as a subtlety for the head table, but doing quarters and quenelles for everyone else. That’s going to help bring down the costs.
On Sunday, being that the kids were going to be there, we did another of the pork roasts with the onion sauce that was so very good. We also cooked up the harvested potatoes and ate everything with some of the pickles.
This roast also worked out to 20 slices or 40 1/2 feast slices. So, two ought to cover what we need for the feast.
Tinkle Loom –We’ve made a project page for this loom, but we finally got the pictures back from the first weekend of the month.
Sewing – Anja has started a number of projects, among which are her Spanish Coat and another blackworked band. No pix on the coat and the band pix are in the Project Day gallery.
Herb Bunch – Because of the holiday we didn’t try anything new, just bagged herbs and talked about them.
Project Day – For most of the afternoon Anja and Loren talked with their kids who stopped by for a visit. Anja made a set of the little gnomes for them, but didn’t get a picture. Loren worked on a njalbinden needle. …and then we had the pork roast, etc for supper.
Music – Merry Christmas from The Renaissance
The Boston Camerata – A Renaissance Christmas, Licensed to YouTube by WMG (on behalf of Nonesuch); Public Domain Compositions
- Rejoice, Rejoice: Nowell: Dieus vous garde
- Rejoice, Rejoice: Gaudete, gaudete
- Behold the Handmaiden: Reading: Luke I, 18-22
- Behold the Handmaiden: Kyrie eleison
- E la don don
- Behold the Handmaiden: Two Fantasies on $quot;Une jeune fillette$quot;
- III. Joseph Is Well Married: Une jeune fillette / Joseph est bie
- III. Joseph Is Well Married: Joseph, lieber Joseph mein
- III. Joseph Is Well Married: Magnificat quinti toni
- The Birth of Jesus: Esprits divins
- Not found until this week, but a needlework advent calendar! This is where it starts. https://historicaltextiles.org/advent-calendar-december-1th-2018/ To find all the posts click on December.
- Exquisitely Designed 2,000-Year-Old Roman Shoe Discovered in a Well – https://mymodernmet.com/womens-shoes-ancient-rome/?fbclid=IwAR2jOZmfRKyxvb-aAxseo0ox9UU3x-MUjdwUzMdCsmtqqHtiD4vZ48fvugM
Updated & New Pages
Tinkle Loom – https://wp.me/P8ngGY-1VU
Anja, Loren, Amor, Isabeau, Herb Bunch (1)
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 304
- ASLIII – 87 plus 25 pouches for block-printing, 7 bookmarkers, 25 bottles of gall ink, 25 unfinished pincushions, 1 sewing kit (except for bone needle), varnished stuff (124)
- Total as a Household = 3771 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 12/11/18 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 12/24/18