An utterly frenzied and frantic week caused last week’s report to come out late. That means this one is a tad skimpy.
The only meeting this week that had a good attendance was Herbs. Holidays will do that. Things should be getting back in order after 12th Night.
This week’s meetings should be on time, but we’re not expecting much….
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese and Wine happens irregularly, usually announced with little notice on our Facebook group.
- Next Potluck – 1/19/20, 3/15, 4/19, 5/17
- Winter Feast Date is 2/23/20, Theme German Renaissance
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Early Week – Eating leftovers and cleaning up from the Sunday frenzy ate Monday and Tuesday. Late Tuesday evening we had more of the hippocras and various goodies. On Wednesday we saw Amor off on the plane, but had dinner before that with the kids that live in Dragon’s Mist.
Cookery – Leftovers are delicious! We’ve been noshing all week and mostly polished them off. There are some small amounts left…. very small…. A lentil and ham pottage got made on Saturday and a chicken/garlic soup on Sunday.
Sewing – A few stitches here and there add up…. not to any pictures, though. This week quite a bit of mending happened.
Sundials, etc. – Loren is getting going on his Rithmomachy boards and pieces again.
Rithmomachy rules and boards here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rithmomachy
Herb Bunch – During the week some minor weeding/tidying of pot and planters happened outside. Otherwise we were so busy that not even indoor watering was going on!
Herbs Workshop started with a mini version of Infusions, Decoctions and Tinctures, then went on to rough storing a number of herbs that have been drying for awhile: bamboo leaves, monkey puzzle, bay, basil, cedar and some others. Mostly we were getting them down from the rack and storing in large ziplocs prior to crunching farther, but since we were planning to use Bay in potpourri that one got crunched/powdered in the food processor and the monkey puzzle bits were snapped off the stems to reduce bulk.
Project Day – ….focused on finding pieces of projects that have gotten scattered and tracking down some of the carving tools that had gotten pulled out for cleaning. We made a little progress on some current projects, but nothing to photograph.
Music – Baroque, but lovely
The whole playlist
- Rare Manuscript Found Reveals Massive Lost World of 16th Century Books – https://www.thevintagenews.com/2019/04/19/libro-de-los-epitomes/
- Wanted: History enthusiasts to work at a Highland lochside castle, a lost Pictish village and and an ancient island settlement – https://www.scotsman.com/heritage/wanted-history-enthusiasts-to-work-at-a-highland-lochside-castle-a-lost-pictish-village-and-and-an-ancient-island-settlement-1-5059603?fbclid=IwAR2x28oLglw4dUfiE5cCjWqgdiPtZ8VDVfExJw1IbwOZxlATFrHg8gvkwHE
- A lovely version of a no-it’s-not-period carol – Zpívánky – Byla cesta, byla ušlapaná – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGSQ5oX7JDc&fbclid=IwAR1nI6SrPGfST8vtH08vSAQZeFHRBK_a09Jo5K7YzpOlFU9mLjc5w0NN1p8
- Lyrics for the above – http://songbat.com/archive/songs/czech-and-slovak/byla-cesta
- Sewing the Saga of Njal – https://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/culture_and_living/2019/12/15/sewing_the_saga_of_njal/
- 11th Night photo album, Tessina Felice Gianfigliazzi – https://www.facebook.com/geneva.borland/media_set?set=a.2887720527925643&type=3
- A Multicolored Library of the World’s Ochre Pigments Archived by Heidi Gustafson – https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2019/11/heidi-gustafson-ochre-pigment-archive/
- Medieval Macaroni – https://www.laphamsquarterly.org/roundtable/medieval-macaroni/
- Christmas and Food in the Middle Ages – https://www.medievalists.net/2019/12/christmas-food-middle-ages/
- Mistletoe: The Evolution of a Christmas Tradition – https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/mistletoe-the-evolution-of-a-christmas-tradition-10814188/
Amor, Loren, Anja, Sasha, Alaric, DD, Herb Bunch (3)
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 304
- ASLIII – 146
- ASLIV – 179 plus 2 puppets, 4 hippocras mix, 20 powder fort packets, 1 snip sheath w/snips, 5 tiny bobs, 1 large bob with tassle, lucet cords, 1 bamboo needlecase, 1 bone needle, 25 pouches for block-printing, 1 medium pouch, 4 small pouches, 12 bookmarkers, 18 unfinished pincushions, 1 sewing kit (except for bone needle), varnished stuff (124)
Total as a Household = 4009 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 9/2/19 & published 12/30/19 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 12/30/19