- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese and Wine happens irregularly, usually announced with little notice on our Facebook group.
- Next Potluck – 12/15, 1/19/20
- Winter Feast Date is 2/23/20, Theme German Renaissance
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Early Week – Anja’s been off on a research kick into ice skates. There are some interesting links and photos below. We don’t have enough ice around here even bother making some, but we’re thinking about getting Brandon or Amor interested.
Cookery – Tuesday was cookie day. Most of what got done was experiments. The marzipan shortbread turned out well, although we’re going to try stamping rather than roll-impressing the cookies. The ones “impressed” with a fork turned out very well, so a stamp will work. The sugar cookies were just sugar cookies. There’s more dough for next week, but we really need a stamp. I put out an announcement on the House Facebook page, hoping that someone will get Reannag Teinne to make us a stamp of the House device.
We’re going on making cookie dough when we have time each day. Some’s getting frozen and we’ll thaw to bake for the feast. Some’s getting baked up now for potluck and the holidays.
A tvarog got set up Wednesday evening to be cooked up on Thursday. Oddly, it didn’t “set” they way it usually does, so Anja cooked it into a scalded milk cheese, instead.
Sewing – More on the collarband. Anja says, “I *thought* I was going to have this done for Investiture…. ”
…and everything got canceled for the rest of the week. Both Anja and Loren are sick with head colds.
a whole post about making a set of these. http://www.hurstwic.org/history/articles/daily_living/text/ice_skates.htm
A picture gallery of skates – http://e993.com/forex/Scandinavian-Bone-Ice-Skates/
Music – It’s getting to be that time…
This one is all dance music by Susato, from his Danserye, played by the Camerata Hungarica
This one was found by Isobel, one of the Starfollower Consort members from way back.
- Elizabeth I’s ‘Idiosyncratic’ Handwriting Identifies Her as the Scribe Behind a Long Overlooked Translation – https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/elizabeth-is-idiosyncratic-handwriting-identifies-her-author-long-overlooked-tacitus-translation-180973672/
- Hagiography: Medieval Fanfiction – https://www.medievalists.net/2019/12/hagiography-medieval-fanfiction/
- Sixth-century skeleton and grave goods discovered in Canterbury – https://www.medievalists.net/2019/11/sixth-century-skeleton-and-grave-goods-discovered-in-canterbury/
- Lanval: A Tale of a Knight of the Round Table – https://www.medievalists.net/2019/11/lanval-a-tale-of-a-knight-of-the-round-table/
- Was 751 the most important year in history? – https://www.medievalists.net/2019/12/was-751-the-most-important-year-in-history/
- Eat Sh*t and (Don’t) Die, Strange Medieval Medicine – https://www.medievalists.net/2019/12/eat-sht-and-dont-die/
- Tales from the Hundred Years’ War: Try with me some feat of arms? – https://www.medievalists.net/2019/12/tales-from-the-hundred-years-war-try-with-me-some-feat-of-arms/
Anja, Sasha, Loren, Amor (V), Stella (V)
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 304
- ASLIII – 146
- ASLIV – 165+1=166 plus 2 puppets, 20 powder fort packets, 3 snip sheathe w/snips, 9 tiny bobs, 1 emery, lucet cords, 1 bamboo needlecase, 1 bone needle, 25 pouches for block-printing, 1 medium pouch, 4 small pouches, 12 bookmarkers, 18 unfinished pincushions, 1 sewing kit (except for bone needle), varnished stuff (124)
Total as a Household = 3995 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 12/1/19 & published 12/10/19 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 12/10/19