Oh, the clean-up! That’s what we’ve been doing all week! We’re finally as far as folding tablecloths and about 1/2 of the rest of the stuff is cleaned and put away. Leftovers are finally all stored or eaten. All the towels got back to the hall folks. Oof…..
A few things got done beyond the clean-up. Mostly that was sewing and embroidery, although Anja taught blackwork to one lady at her shop.
All meetings are at normal times this week.
- Sewing Night – At Ancient Light, Thursdays, 6-8pm
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese & Wine – Watch the schedule or the Facebook group! This is going to be irregularly scheduled for when tasks need to occur.
- Next Potluck – 3/18
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Early Week – Sorting and putting away was still going on even on Sunday! That was a *lot* of equipment that got moved. Everything got beautifully cleaned at the site, so at least there wasn’t that to do, but several of the box lids got mixed up and the contents….well, there was a lot of sorting still, even if the boxes are back on the shelves. The hall towels got cleaned and delivered on Thursday, but they’re only giving us back $75 of our deposit because they said the stove wasn’t clean. We cleaned it. <grr> Tablecloths got washed and garb and all. Oof…. plus Anja did a lot of sitting, so she was sewing, too.
…and Sash managed to stop by on Thursday, so he got loaded down with some feast leftovers, too.
Cookery – Remnants of the pork roast and caraway tvarog made awesome sandwiches. Various of the kolachky got parceled out to friends. Other foods went into freezers. Most of the uneaten pickles went back into either the pickle fridge or the shop fridge and lots of baked goods landed in both freezers. We did find out that the batch of babovky that didn’t quite bake right can be toasted and be tasty. 🙂
Sewing Time – Thursday – Anja pulled out the kiss-lock pouches that she’s been working on and kept going on those, also got the tiny pincushion to the “needs to be filled” stage. We finally found an old camera that takes marginal pictures with a lot of fussing. It’s why it was replaced, but at least it works. Amy showed up late and Anja got the stitching finished on the blue skinny kisslock pouch.
Sewing Time – Saturday – Amy was here for a couple of minutes, but Anja was already done. She was stitching on a pouch that’s to be blackworked.
Herb Bunch – Mostly was keeping up with things during the week, when it wasn’t raining, but we have some starts to get potted this coming week! We also got a lot of the “ends” of vegetables (from trimmings and peelings from the feast) planted in buckets to re-grow, which were also a lot of the greens in the oat/greens pottage, for example.
…and the hellebores and a pot of jonquils
…and did a little harvesting between the rain showers on Sunday morning. Bottom right is the “species” flower.
Project Day – We really didn’t have much ambition, (just Loren and me, anyway) since we’d been working on putting things away all week and were still at it. I spent a little while embroidering and a little sewing and then started playing with houpellande designs. There’s a really good article about the Prague Houpellande here: The Royal Grave Clothing of 14th Century Bohemia – http://cottesimple.com/garments/royal-grave-clothing-14th-century-bohemia/
…and I actually started e-mailing some people
about the design of the one that I’m using as my current Facebook profile (above). Trying to work out what the little dots are….
It could be fur or spangles, but it almost looks blockprinted because the gown is done the same way… but is the “veil” a veil on a padded roll or a hat? …and is it dagged like the sleeves?
…and then I spent more of a while embroidering when I was talking with Loren, but his project for the day was putting away more stuff from the feast….and then that got far enough for me to “soup” some of the leftovers that were still in the fridge.
During the last part of the day we had some of the leftovers while I worked on the Facebook group that I’m admin of…SCA Toys and Toymakers.
Miscellaneous pix – Sprang and some Roman-era food-themed mosaics and one doll that gets referred to as “omg….”
Loren, Anja, Sash, Amy
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 273 plus 25 pouches for block-printing, 13 (plus 27 unfinished) pincushion, 2 sewing kits (except for bone needles), varnished stuff (124) 6 snap pouch, one double drawstring pouch, 4 brocade pouch
Total as a Household = 3633 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 2/7/18 & published 2/25/18 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 2/25/18