Tourist Season is starting. Loren and Anja are getting run off their feet. Others are also immersed in summer tasks.
Estella helps with music in a number of places. Gudrun is still job hunting. Amor has been posting interesting science stuff this week. Sabrina’s doing fringes on woven scarves. 🙂
Meetings should be at the normal time this week.
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
Cheese and Wine happens irregularly, usually announced with little notice on our Facebook group.
- Next Potluck – 7/21, 8/18, 9/15, 10/20, 11/17, 12/15
- Winter Feast Date is 2/16/20, Theme German Renaissance
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Early Week – Of course Monday was all about clean-up and that went on into Tuesday.
Cookery – Got a suggestion from our German “consultant” that a potato ricer works really well for making spaetzle.
Two scalded milk cheeses got done on Tuesday and wrapped in rum-soaked fig leaves.
Sciences projects – Loren spent some time doing sanding and metal cleaning this week. He regularly re-finishes the wooden dishes and some of that happened from the potluck. On Saturday and odd knife that came in with some garage sale stuff got cleaned up and then on Sunday he sanded and refinished a wooden knife.
Herb Bunch – Packed herbs in the morning workshop. Otherwise, the week was all tending except for the tomatoes/lemon Balm on Project Day.
Sewing – Was all Anja’s embroidery, both during the week and during the workshop, other than a couple of mundanes in with need for mending help. This is a bib, being done in blackwork.
Investiture – Our new Prince and Princess! …and Grand Thing was this weekend, as well.
Project Day – The day started with Loren running upriver to get a couple of tomato plants and a replacement for the lemon balm that the snails ate. He came back with several mustard greens plants, as well! Those got potted up late in the afternoon with some lettuce seeds and a set of radishes that have been growing in a rotisserie chicken box for a pot.
We were really, really busy with the shop during the day and since it was just the two of us, we really didn’t get any projects accomplished, except for the leather knife and a wooden knife that Loren cleaned up.
All of those pix are above.
- Jan Zizka – Hussite Rebellion – https://kafkadesk.org/2018/11/21/first-pictures-of-jan-zizka-biopic-unveiled/
- Loket Castle – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loket_Castle
- Games – https://bibliodyssey.blogspot.com/2008/11/board-games.html?fbclid=IwAR26I_FJ1-Vx2ibvei25h6qdWqRPsZqwJcYflUdjvXF9OilQ9G1XusK3io4
- Scroll down for the images. Beautiful herbal! – https://www.bl.uk/catalogues/illuminatedmanuscripts/record.asp?MSID=8319&CollID=28&NStart=747&fbclid=IwAR3jnYAekAn_O2Bnaqb3PCkWE61YBiX9Coqt2TEQ2cqWpTnw_NGWvT3u9pA
- A Pinterest board of Cranach jewelry for anyone who is making garb for our feast – https://www.pinterest.ca/lokilakshmi/cranach-jewelry/?fbclid=IwAR1c9kZz7JSdukIUnkK4p-5M1R5MpI9eaSy-FP3hE4kN-cUj0S28E7kCdQ4
- PDF of Christine de Pizan’s Book of Peace – https://muse.jhu.edu/chapter/3832?fbclid=IwAR2fchKFRiuz-VBdvb6jB6nJmr8BG_X00v8GXf30AJyNkXKFXXxaa_rr0Zw
- An Incredibly Detailed Map Of Medieval Trade Routes – https://merchantmachine.co.uk/medieval-trade-routes/?fbclid=IwAR2W9_3epNOZfX8pQLTzDODyCUEoPr73QDUsUU4KOSuU4rZMBWP6N83dd-4
- Recipes from the Tudor kitchen – https://www.historyextra.com/period/tudor/recipes-from-the-tudor-kitchen/
Anja, Loren, James (v), Gudrun (v), Amor (v), Herb Bunch (2)
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 304
- ASLIII – 146
- ASLIV – 41 plus 20 powder fort packets, 25 pouches for block-printing, 1 medium pouch, 8 bookmarkers, 5 in process kisslock pouches, 20 unfinished pincushions, 1 sewing kit (except for bone needle), varnished stuff (124)
Total as a Household = 3870 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 6/6/19 & published 6/25/19 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 6/25/19
Leave a Reply