This week was productive, but it doesn’t show much except that everything is sorted out, washed and put away! Projects are continuing. The shirt for Seamus that Anja did the blackwork for got worn at Investiture (pix below)
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Next Potluck – 7/15, 8/19, 9/16
- Winter Feast Tentative date is 2/17/19
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Early Week – We spent the early week packing up and putting away stuff from the displays and sorting out whose was which. 🙂
Anja heard from members of the Starfollower Consort, which is the early music group that she and Loren ran for 14 years in the Three Mountains (Portland) area. One of the members from that time is ill, so she passed on the info to the others and then heard back.
Cookery – Pickles got enjoyed all week, by various people.
Sewing – Tuesday evening Anja got a bunch of linings and backs cut out and during the rest of the week worked on the pouch project, getting another sewn, one started and a ball stuffed. She also found another period pattern book and is working on samples of the patterns. Amy has been working on another cap, but had a catastrophic failure of pattern, so has to re-start.
Herb Bunch – Was just more of what we’ve been doing: rose sugar, harvesting herbs, drying herbs. Just a-workin’ in the garden….
…just like these folks!
This is an illustration from Tacuinum Sanitatis.
…and I’m pretty sure the figure on the right is a little boy in a child’s houpellande!
Investiture – There are wonderful pix from Investiture but I only saved two, because Seamus is wearing the blackworked shirt under his new outfit by Ayla Roth.
Project Day – Loren got the Hedeby-style frame pulled out. Anja was working on the various sewing projects and then things got side-tracked because the Sunday morning class morphed into a Sunday afternoon class….. but Tempus kept whacking away at the frame.
He got the piece cut into two matched pieces and got a fair amount of sanding done on both.
Anja had to take apart the flat pouch piece that she’s been working on because the lining was off from where it was supposed to be.
Jalida’s ball from the demo got stuffed and is ready for sewing.
…and I’m going to put this in here full size…. “You are reminded of your duties. To protect the innocent, honor the laws and to stand up against the unjust.”
“Esmeralda Lakes A number of people in the shares of my photograph have mentioned the axe in the photo. That is her husband’s axe on her shoulder, thus adding more emotional heft to the image. Here is the link to my original photograph: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2205287432820307… ”
- Baking Bread with the Romans: Part III – The Panis Strikes Back – https://tavolamediterranea.com/2018/06/14/baking-bread-romans-part-iii-panis-strikes-back/
- Stefan’s Florilegium, new articles for June – http://www.florilegium.org/files/INFO/June-2018.html
- THE SAFETY OF MEDIEVAL FOOD PRESERVATION – http://www.ogawaujimori.com/the-safety-of-medieval-food-preservation/
- Making Medieval Paint Brushes – https://www.getting-my-medieval-on.com/making-paint-brushes-2/
- Westminster Abbey’s Hidden History – Far above the royal pomp and circumstance, archaeologists unexpectedly discover seven centuries of England’s past – https://www.archaeology.org/issues/303-1807/features/6685-westminster-abbey-triforium-excavation
Anja, Loren, Nick (V), Isabeau (V), Amy
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 304
- ASLIII – 1 plus 25 pouches for block-printing, 15 (plus 25 unfinished) pincushion, 2 sewing kits (except for bone needles), varnished stuff (124) 7 snap pouch, one double drawstring pouch, 4 brocade pouch
Total as a Household = 3665 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 6/21/18 & published 6/25/18 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 6/25/18