Pretty much all the talk this week was about prepping and packing for War, and on Sunday folks started leaving for the event. Stella is planning on going and Amy wants to do a day trip, but otherwise we’re all nailed down working.
House members are getting together at the shop on Monday night for the Waldport Fireworks, but other than that, there’s nothing unusual planned for the week, just more “stuff”.
- Sewing Night – At Ancient Light, Thursdays, 6-8pm
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese & Wine – Watch the schedule or the Facebook group! This is going to be irregularly scheduled for when tasks need to occur.
- Next Potluck – 7/16
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Early Week – Started with clean-up as usual but by Tuesday Amy was working on trying to lucet on her fingers, Anja was doing more embroidery and sewing and Loren was making a bamboo needlecase for an already-made bone needle.
Cheese and Wine Workshop – Just a few pix this time from the day and some from Sunday. We tried molding the Schiz recipe.
Sewing Time, Thursday – Jay and a buddy got here not long after Sewing Time was supposed to start. We talked a lot about food rather than sewing, therefore, but one of the things was that he wants to start on a tunic for himself.
Sewing Time, Saturday – Loren’s been working on refinishing some of the myrtlewood pieces that we were gifted with last year. One plate is done (going to try for a better pic) and another is getting close. Since Loren was woodworking, Anja got out her tools after finishing the spoon on the left, split some more baywood and started the butter paddle that’s just to the right of the carving knife.
Herb Bunch – Worked on putting away dried herbs, but also talked about hemlock cone development. …and made rose sugar, afterwards.
Project Day – …started with checking on the cheese. It took a good solid whack with Anja’s come-along to get it out of the mold, but we got it, sliced it and later fried and ate it. Anja was carving. Loren made a cord container for Amy and was sanding. Amy headed out early and Anja was online talking Feast with Gogor for quite some time. We’ve got a menu and are starting to find recipes for some of the dishes that we don’t know how to make, yet. We ended the day tasting the strawberry cordial, which didn’t turn out as well as the last. 😦 Well, we’ll get there!
Possible Winter Feast Menu
- Noon – Breads/butters
- 1pm – Lunch – Fried cheese, fried saukraut with black bread
- 2pm – Caviar with caraway rye and hard-boiled eggs
- 3pm – Hot crab
- 4pm – Pickled Herring and add pickles to the breads
5pm – 1st course
- Borscht for the horde
- Small amount chicken soup
6pm – Main course
- Caraway pork roast with brined apples
- Beef stew with root veg and cabbage
- Baked salmon with salted lemons
- Baked fowl (Duck? Goose?)with brandied cherries
- Saffron rice
- Some other veg or kasha
- Plum vareniki or knedliky
- Fruit in Kvass?
- Cookie Rings
- Mint water
Pleasures Of The Royal Courts – David Munrow/Early Music Consort of London, Christopher Hogwood, November 1, 2005, Nonesuch, ASIN: B001229HPE – https://www.amazon.com/Pleasures-Courts-Christopher-Hogwood-Consort/dp/B001229HPE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1498628008&sr=8-2&keywords=pleasures+of+the+royal+courts+David+Munrow
A Facebook friend who lives in Pardubice and her family.
Andrea Porvazníková with Lada Vančišinová and Jakub Vančišin at Červený Kameň Hrad.
Overall Pic from the Festival of Forgotten Crafts (Festival Zabudnutých Remesiel 2017) at Červený Kameň Hrad, Casta, Slovakia
More on the castle here: http://hradcervenykamen.sk/
More on the festival here: http://hradcervenykamen.sk/?p=1340
Amy, Anja, Loren, Jay (and friend), Gogor (V)
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 137 plus 4 sewing box (in process), varnished stuff (124), 1 pouch, 1 embroidered pouch, 12 pincushions, 25 pouches for block-printing, 1 lucet cord, 1 hat, 1 bone needle & case
- Total as a Household = 3497 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 6/25/17 & published 7/2/17 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 7/2/17
Leave a Reply