For all the insanity of a holiday, this week we actually accomplished a lot!
Sewing, garden, classes and cookery were the most of the things that got done, but also a *lot of cleaning and organizing, plus getting some goodies sent to their new owners.
Meetings should be at the normal times this week. We might be doing cheese on Thursday.
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese and Wine happens irregularly, usually announced with little notice on our Facebook group.
- Next Potluck – 7/21, 8/18, 9/15, 10/20, 11/17, 12/15
- Winter Feast Date is 2/16/20, Theme German Renaissance
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Early Week – Anja had to get ready for her classes at War, plus there was planning for the stuff that was going to the Queen’s Tea.
Amy got to the July 3rd potluck.
Gudrun’s box got packed without the wool, which is …. somewhere … and the llama wool hasn’t arrived, yet, and then it went to the A&S person from Wyewood during AWW.
Cookery – Only July 3rd a lot of cookery happened. Aside from the Queen’s Tea things below, a batch of strawberries preserved in sugar got made. We never got a picture of them until Sunday (7th) so I’ve included a pic from a previous batch.
Sewing – During Fireworks day (7/3) Amy and Anja sat and worked and talked, an impromptu Sewing Time. Amy was working on her njalbinden and Anja tried to finish a snap-lock pouch and screwed it up 3 times, so went back to work on balls. Those are taking a long time, since they keep getting put away.
Sundials – Loren’s been doing more cleaning of tools. How do they get so grody?
Queen’s Tea Foods – The portions that were going to Queen’s Tea, needed to have ice and go into the ice bag. We sent mushroom, watermelon, mixed vegetable and black bean pickles, brined apples, a batch of marzipan, wheat and pumpernickle mini-loaves and a cheese. A lot of the food came back. Not sure why.
AnTir/West War day
Friday was a tremendous effort, but tremendous fun. I did two classes in blackwork, which had 7 (12) people in the first and 5 (11) people in the 2nd. The parentheses include folks who wandered in and out, but didn’t get kits or pay fees
Susanne is a good driver, although she was awfully tired by the end of the day. That was about 7 hours behind the wheel! We watched the spectacularly low tides all the way down.
The weather was lovely, cloudy up here, but getting sunny once we were south of Perpetua. The breeze onsite was lazy, going through and chilling people who weren’t wearing cloaks. We ended the first class a bit early because some of the people were so very cold.
We stopped at DQ on the way home and got a tasty supper and when I got home, I just crashed and slept through until 7am, then after an hour, talking to Loren about the event, slept again until 11.
Photos by Susanne Keel
Herb Bunch – Anja’s sweetgrass plants finally came on Monday. They were ordered last fall!
We re-potted starts and other plants during the Herbs Workshop, which ended up being in the late afternoon instead of the morning, the way it usually is. One person took home 3 of the plants, but we worked on the various succulents that were started several months ago, plus the hen’n’chicks that a customer brought to Anja, earlier in the week. The sweetgrass went into a large bucket, but most of the plants went into 4 and 6 inch pots.
Project Day – We took awhile getting started since Loren was still doing dishes from the Queen’s Tea and Anja was trying to catch up on the morning’s work and dealing with customers. …but we did get started, finally! Anja did a bunch of pictures, first, and picked up the ones that Susanne took of our trip on Friday. After that she sat down with some sewing and Loren picked up another needle. Eventually, Anja got around to organizing some of the projects that have landed all over the place and starting to clean out the space where we usually sit. Iow, projects got worked on, but more organizing than actual work. That’s going to keep on this coming week. We also spent some time outside organizing where the plants are going.
- Sloupský Hrad the Rock Castle of The Czech Republic – http://www.tresbohemes.com/2017/11/sloupsky-hrad-rock-castle-czech-republic/?fbclid=IwAR0vgmvD4BkVCDtM8g5z_r2IhPSmzf5D1hdflE998YqzAJ8zIzj5AQBlV1g
- Chess Sets of the World – AncientChess.com – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFuoJ72l6N0&fbclid=IwAR3G5YFMOEdpsyp5eK4s503gcj5Ca64bOCsAdECSYdbwsCNhvxXX7f_68-M
- Long-lost medieval chess piece fetches $929K at auction – https://www.cnn.com/style/article/lewis-chessmen-auction-scli-intl/index.html
- Ruralia Commoda c.1490-5, Manual on Agriculture and Falconry – https://www.rct.uk/collection/1057436/ruralia-commoda
- Rome’s Capuchin Crypt – https://archaeology-travel.com/italy/capuchin-crypt-rome/
- The Stone of Destiny – https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofScotland/The-Stone-of-Destiny/
- 1346 Lego Battle of Crecy, Hundred Years War – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VBDGLlSIcw&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR32mPpBAwY6-LNb6UkYb3366trn8LYHgO1xt1erjWrFAUfd9eHe7Be7GZQ
- Onager Firing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=krNhQAWHEKE&fbclid=IwAR13nQIXo4SqNW05Iciaw4mbah4sClpkvue8o8qaqceHB9iKGH99GoTubno
- The Lost Art of Pitching the Beer Barrels – http://www.tresbohemes.com/2015/10/the-lost-art-of-pitching-the-beer-barrels/
- The Largest ROLE-PLAYING FESTIVAL in the World: The Pennsic War – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLX9SDJRggQ&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2saScqX9P07wfq5QI5oINk83w8gKUVqfFbbzedo-0x1-u6m-z4lSmJJDs
Anja, Loren, Gudrun (v), Sasha (v), Amy, Susanne
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 304
- ASLIII – 146
- ASLIV – 41+72 plus 2 puppets, 20 powder fort packets, 25 pouches for block-printing, 1 medium pouch, 8 bookmarkers, 5 in-process kisslock pouches, 20 unfinished pincushions, 1 sewing kit (except for bone needle), varnished stuff (124)
Total as a Household = 3942 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 7/1/19 & published ?/??/?? (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 4/25/20
Leave a Reply