Not as much got done this week, as usual for August. It’s really the busiest time of the summer for Loren and Anja. Between customers and mundane things that they’re making for their shop they have really limited time for working on anything else. We heard from Gogor, Amor and Gudrun this week, plus got to see Estella for a few minutes.
Anja got to take a bunch of classes this week, online classes, from a group called The Honorable Clover. She took 3 on feast planning, one on pewter casting and one on right-angle bead weaving.
Lots of pix from Pennsic! Cool stuff….
This week’s Herb Bunch will meet as usual. …and we’re hoping again to make some cheese during the week, this time for Sunday’s potluck. …and maybe we are going to be able to do the trial run of weiner schnitzel for Sunday. Let us know if you’re going to be able to make it.
Potluck this Sunday! Bring a dish that has 8 servings or so and your feast gear. Yes, we have a spot to wash it. If you don’t know what to bring, comment below.
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese and Wine happens irregularly, usually announced with little notice on our Facebook group.
- Next Potluck – 8/18, 9/15, 10/20, 11/17, 12/15
- Winter Feast Date is 2/16/20, Theme German Renaissance
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Early Week – More sanding, more embroidery, more trying of the sauerkraut.
Cookery – Other than some recipe research, not really much this week.
Sewing – All small projects early in the week, but Anja started the next sewing kit Friday evening.
Sundials, etc. – Sanding of antler rounds. We popped open the tumbler on Sunday. A week’s worth of sanding on coarse grit is starting to work, so we’ll check it again on 9/8…
Herb Bunch – Harvesting for salad and a few sprigs for drying went on during the week and a major watering on Saturday. Things are really drying out.
Also on Friday, some grinding of ingredients and some mixing of incense happened. (We got a new grinder last weekend) Then on Saturday some projects got finished to refill supplies.
Project Day – Estella came in early and talked to Loren while Anja was doing other things. Anja stayed sidetracked all afternoon. Well, it’s summer. So Project Day mostly didn’t happen. No one other than Estella was there and Anja and Loren were busy all day with shop stuff….
From Fall Coronet 2016 – Photos by Celeste Thorne
Pennsic Interesting bits – Photos by Hrothric and Felipa
Music – More Susato
- What’s Silver, Purple, and Very Well-Traveled? – https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/silver-purple-bible-codex-mysterious-centuries
- Rare Gemstone Hidden in Ancient Teeth Reveals a Surprising Truth About Medieval Women – https://www.sciencealert.com/lapis-lazuli-found-in-fossilised-teeth-suggests-medieval-women-played-crucial-role-in-book-production
- He threatened to bomb a Renaissance Fair in Bonney Lake after being asked to leave – https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/crime/article233591002.html
- MORE ON THE UNSWEPT FLOOR MOSAIC FROM ANCIENT ROME – https://slicesofbluesky.com/unswept-floor-mosaic-from-ancient-rome/
- Beans, A History – https://books.google.com/books?id=LcsCDgAAQBAJ&pg=PA41&lpg=PA41&dq=umberto%20eco%20how%20the%20bean%20saved%20europe&source=bl&ots=uDHmXkwZRI&sig=ACfU3U3O84VRQ7BpMB0kNboK-x2Tk3u4UQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi1vLyTl_HjAhVBKqwKHWMUAL0Q6AEwBXoECAcQAQ&fbclid=IwAR0i8eiZ0dY2SKrBeH-Jh3DKOEO3A1ki8lCVkOuz1rkHP99aEiB1MyWOUNY#v=onepage&q=umberto%20eco%20how%20the%20bean%20saved%20europe&f=false
- Beans in Europe: origin and structure of the European landraces of Phaseolus vulgaris L. – https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00122-010-1353-2?fbclid=IwAR25Seoa4AzIaryWSx78QIsyme8uK_ohYdfde48cP4v8xOVACQq4adDfMJA#enumeration
- Food papers, all research – https://independent.academia.edu/RFitch?fbclid=IwAR3M0OAsiMDuTvyY95wIRbLom1dPUr7cZW0d6_UzJXLP2oB1n0IeqohPO-Q
Psted in SCA humor on 8/9/19 – Gunhilda Bjorndottar – A question for everyone. If a man with A Russian persona won Crown then he be Tsar. His wife would be Tsarina. But what does that make us? Tsardines?
Anja, Loren, Sasha (v), Gogor (v), Estella
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 304
- ASLIII – 146
- ASLIV – 142 plus 2 puppets, 20 powder fort packets, 25 pouches for block-printing, 1 medium pouch, 8 bookmarkers, 2 in-process kisslock pouches, 18 unfinished pincushions, 1 sewing kit (except for bone needle), varnished stuff (124)
Total as a Household = 3971 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 8/1/19 & published 8/12/19 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 8/23/19