A “situation” went off at Pennsic for the Kingdom of Trimaris, but as it’s something that affects us all, your scribe is choosing to put up a link here that both describes the situation and responses, but is quite clear about the author’s take. https://amauncheargent.wordpress.com/2018/08/10/confronting-racism-in-the-sca/ No, public comments on these happenings will *not* be posted! You may certainly post on the House Group (where the link was shared), although “nasty” comments (I don’t mean disagreement, but nasty… you heard me….) will be deleted.
This coming Sunday is our next potluck! Whatcha bringin’? So far we know there will be a couple of cheeses, a lentil pottage, some pickles and a meat dish, maybe a beef stew, or maybe Papyns and some stuffed mushrooms. …and maple candy, even if it’s not period!
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Next Potluck – 8/19, 9/16, 10/21
- Winter Feast Date is 2/17/19
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Early Week – Isabeau and Anja got together online to start putting together the dishes to try out over the next several months. They were working from Le Viandier de Tallivent and Le Menagier which are French cookbooks from the 14th-15th century.
- Le Menagier de Paris – http://daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/Cookbooks/Menagier/Menagier_Contents.html
- Le Viandier du Tallivent – http://www.telusplanet.net/public/prescotj/data/viandier/viandier1.html#toc
More plants were ongoing, making starts of thymes and geraniums and aloes and hoping that the basil recovers… …and grommets…. dang, those are difficult.
Sewing – Grommets…. making progress
Sewing Time – Saturday – …and more progress, but no pix. Black on black, they don’t photograph well at all.
Herb Bunch – Was on plants, more repotting, tending the rose starts, trying to get thyme starts to take. Again, no pix.
Project Day – Didn’t happen! That’s a first for years….. The only folks there were Anja and Loren and they were too busy to work on things.
Music – Musica Nova, Venezia 1540
- Rare Medieval Bible Returned to Canterbury Cathedral 500 Years After It Was Lost – https://www.livescience.com/63271-rare-medieval-bible-canterbury-cathedral.html
- Fossil Record: A Gallery of “Bugged” Medieval Books – https://www.livescience.com/24939-fossil-gallery-woodcut-beetles.html
- Early Medieval Farming Village Unearthed Near Famed Viking Site – https://www.livescience.com/60931-medieval-farming-village-near-viking-site.html
- Mystery Behind Mass Grave of Viking Warriors Finally Solved – https://www.livescience.com/61646-viking-warriors-grave.html
Anja, Loren, Isabeau (V)
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 304
- ASLIII – 7 plus 25 pouches for block-printing, 15 (plus 25 unfinished) pincushion, 2 sewing kits (except for bone needles), varnished stuff (124) 7 snap pouch, one double drawstring pouch, 4 brocade pouch
Total as a Household = 3671 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 8/1/18 & published 8/12/18 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 8/12/18