Eclipsealypse-that-wasn’t cancelled a lot of our get-togethers this week, but things kept getting done, anyway. Project Day was virtual.
Meetings are at regular times this week, except for Thursday’s Sewing night, which is cancelled because Anja and Loren will be at Arthur’s (their son) , wedding that night! Wearing garb, btw….. Hopefully there will be pix.
- Sewing Night – At Ancient Light, Thursdays, 6-8pm (not this week.
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese & Wine – Watch the schedule or the Facebook group! This is going to be irregularly scheduled for when tasks need to occur and probably not this week.
- Next Potluck – 8/27
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Cheese and Wine Workshop – Monday 8/14 – We made another batch of schiz, but Anja got distracted at a crucial moment and it didn’t turn out quite like the rest because it got too hot, going up to 110F before adding the rennet. The curd was very tiny, almost like ricotta, but we packed it into molds, re-cooked the whey, *got* some ricotta, and then the rest of the whey became a chowder. Few pix. We’ve taken lots before!
Early Week – Anja had a lot of pincushion cutting to do, so that happened on Monday and she started stitching some of the new shapes that night.
Project Day – Virtual! – Isabeau has gotten her tunic hemmed and is working on the neckline. She’s also been doing a snood and wants to try making some cute cup covers. Loren spent some time sanding the interior of a Russian cup that we got a couple of months back that has been used for something green and not re-finished. Anja’s doing pincushions. Gudrun and Casey found a mortar and pestle that they’re drooling over.
Sport of Kings pix – We got thanked for the prizes that went to Sport of Kings and for the largesse.
Great Music from the Court of Elizabeth I – The Elizabethan Consort, Jane Pickering, Thomas Morley, William Byrd, John Dowland, and others (February 7, 2003) Label: The Gift Of Music, ASIN: B000H80LFE
Codfish in Norway – http://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/even-viking-times-norway-was-famous-its-white-gold-gold-you-can-eat-008600?nopaging=1
It’s Bugs Bunny and Shakespeare! …and what one fellow called the “Cackle-off”! A Witch’s Tangled Hare.
Anja, Loren, Amy, Isabeau (v), Gudrun (v)
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 163 plus 4 pouch, 25 pouches for block-printing, 38 (plus 16 unfinished) pincushions, 5 lucet cord, 1 hat, 1 bone needle & case, 2 sewing boxes (finished except for bone needles), 1 sewing box (in process), varnished stuff (124)
- Total as a Household = 3522 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 8/12/17 & published 8/20/17 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 8/20/17
Leave a Reply