Quiet weeks are to be looked forward to, but only when they’re not the result of the end of tourist season! Things should be getting closer to normal over the next few weeks. We can hope, anyway.
This week’s report is mostly bone carving and embroidery, not even very much cookery, although the sauerkraut went into the fridge.
This coming week is mostly normal until Friday. At that point Anja is heading out for Shrewsbury. Loren will have Project Day on Sunday if anyone shows up. The report is likely to be out on Tuesday, not Monday…. Lots of write-up.
…and yes, Potluck is 9/22….
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm (not this week)
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm (not this week)
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
Cheese and Wine happens irregularly, usually announced with little notice on our Facebook group. (not this week)
- Next Potluck – 9/22, 10/20, 11/17, 12/15
- Winter Feast Date is 2/16/20, Date may change! Theme German Renaissance
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Early Week – Loren stayed hard at work on the bone pieces for the sewing kit that he and Anja are doing.
Cookery – The sauerkraut went into the fridge. A scalded milk cheese happened on Thursday. That will go to Shrewsbury, along with the pickles that we did a couple of weeks ago.
Sewing – Was all about the sewing kit pieces… By Wednesday evening a couple were done, most of the rest had the embroidery done. The snip sheath was finished on Thursday and the tape measure pouch was underway. All of the embroidery was finished by Sunday and several of the pieces are done. Loren got the set of needles and fid finished then, too.
Sundials, etc. – Needles and fids this week again. …plus a trial run on a slice of wood to be treated as the antler was.
Herb Bunch – More incense. No pictures, most of the stuff was mundane this week.
Project Day – All the pictures are above. It was just Loren and Anja and the projects that have been ongoing.
An Tir Magic Cards
A few pix from Luciano’s knighting
Music – Ancient FM this week! – http://www.ancientfm.com/
- WHY DID BUCKINGHAM TURN ON RICHARD III? – http://www.kyrackramer.com/2018/09/04/why-did-buckingham-turn-on-richard-iii/
- John Hus – A Brief Overview of the Man – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYpmlIYSf5c&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2SigYY8JTRVsQBvcul3fSDBU0oAKdspDO3Kt1D2bCVnD2k99J0pvh9aOE
- Filming in the Hampton Court kitchens with @HistoryBombs – https://twitter.com/HRP_learning/status/1168959352482517006/photo/1?fbclid=IwAR0iidZ1M_wTC9hPIMZ8fr8Xh2QRcnuDaeAWdT1RVrS-tib-n5G3WZZDOGo
- Feast foods – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/352266002075916544/feedback/?invite_code=f4028007abf4409fbc2dc6dda1645877&sender_id=503558939493803270
- A Swan Supper on the Thames – http://foodhistorjottings.blogspot.com/2013/08/a-swan-supper-on-thames.html
- Interesting food pix – http://www.historicfood.com/events.htm
Loren, Anja, Sasha (v)
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 304
- ASLIII – 146
- ASLIV – 145 plus set of sewing tools for kit, 2 puppets, 20 powder fort packets, 3 snip sheathes, 8 tiny bobs, 25 pouches for block-printing, 1 medium pouch, 8 bookmarkers, 2 in-process kisslock pouches, 18 unfinished pincushions, 1 sewing kit (except for bone needle), varnished stuff (124)
Total as a Household = 3974 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 8/28/19 & published 9/9/19 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 9/9/19
Leave a Reply