Back in April the focus was on herbs and plantings. After a “field trip” and planting, we’ve already started harvesting from things like the watercress and sorrel.
A few plants didn’t make it, but most of them pulled through and we’re seeing new growth on things like the raspberries and lavendar.
There are a lot of recipes in this month’s reports, since we’re starting the research for next year’s German Renn-themed Winter Feast. A couple of dishes got made for the potluck one of which suffered the “Attack of the Killer Cinnamon”. 🙂 A couple of cordials happened that are being entered at Egil’s in the infused cordials category.
Also Anja and Loren managed to re-create a dish called, “palacinky” that comes from Anja’s Czech background. Mushroom catsup and spice got done in the middle of the month and we’re starting a project to make packets of spice mixes to put in sets for largesse.
All of May went into making foods that House
Capuchin is supplying to a couple of the vigils at Egil’s and to some gifties for those who are being elevated.
Sabrina is weaving. Amy is doing lucet cord and working on najbinding. Sash has been pecking away at the toys project. Estella is recovering from surgery. Anja has been doing a lot of embroidery and a little sewing, along with writing up the stories she did for the Corvaria Championship. Loren is mostly doing bone carving.
There are also a lot of links on a wide variety of topics. Lots of interesting info! Go to the individual reports for these.
Anja is going with a friend to Egil’s on Sunday for Vesta’s elevation and to wander around a bit. Everyone else has been working as we’re going into the summer season. There will be pictures, this coming week, of some of the foods and goodies that went to Egil’s.
This month (these are standard meeting times)
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese and Wine is an occasional meeting. Watch our Facebook group for notices!
- Potluck is usually 3rd Sunday of the month. In garb (if you can) and bring a dish to share! Next on 6/16, 7/21, 8/18
- Winter Feast Date is 2/16/20 Theme is German Renaissance
- Activities through 4-21-19 Potluck – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-2eC
- Activities through 4-28-19 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-2fR
- Activities through 5-5-19 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-2ge
- Activities through 5-12-19 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-2hV
- Activities through 5-19-19 Potluck – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-2jq
- …and this coming week’s (live by Tuesday, because of Egil’s) Activities through 5-26-19 Egil’s – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-2jM
- Link for the new section of stories and bardic things – https://wp.me/P8ngGY-2f0
Here are the direct Portfolio links which have all the past Project Day reports and all the various projects, just whomp through pictures until what you see appeals to you, mouse-hover on the pic and then hit “view” when that shows.
- Original Blog (pre-7/19/15) here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/
- Our newer portfolio (7/20/15 – 2/6/17) is here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/
- …and the newest (2/6/17 and newer) https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio
…and to get to Ancient Light – https://www.google.com/maps/dir/”/firstname.lastname@example.org,-124.1371198,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x54c1c24bf1be429f:0x69542f3011d51d41!2m2!1d-124.06708!2d44.426685