We’ve had a good month, with a lot getting accomplished on various projects from feast research to embroidery to the various carving techniques that we’ve been doing. The herb garden is flourishing and providing lots of flavor for various foods. We even got some cheeses made this month!
We started with making “care packages” for the House folks that couldn’t make it to the potluck and then finishing up and packing the foods for the vigils at Egil’s, plus the cordials that Anja made for the competition, and getting those delivered to Eugene on the Wednesday before the event. Next up was packing things that had been promised for other stuff, like the volunteer raffle. On Sunday, Anja and Susanne got to the event in time to see Vesta’s Elevation and then spent the day enjoying the event, especially the A&S displays, although Anja got roped into teaching a class, unexpectedly.
That was also the “bamboo week” and that got processed over the course of the month, first cutting the large pieces into shorter lengths, then cleaning those up and finding the small pieces that will become needlecases, etc, then finally cutting up pieces for small beads, and eventually getting the unneeded bits to compost. All of that is drying and being processed.
We got some good feedback on the various foods for potluck, vigils and gifts. More feast food experiments happened during the early part of the month.
Work is continuing on Anja’s birth sampler and she’s got other projects going as well, mostly for largesse. Amy has a new book on njalbinden and is keeping trying on that.
Puppets, coins, needlecases and small toys occupied the middle of the month. …and we got a large batch of beeswax to process that has been going on since that time. The potluck went well and the care packages from that were well received.
Other things in this month’s reports are funnies (of course) and a couple of stories, lots of links and some good music)
o, this month we have more food experiments to go and other projects are progressing. We’re hoping to have the wax fully cleaned this week, and Anja is going to teach her blackwork class at AnTir/West war. She and Susanne are just going for the one day. Potluck is mid-month, as usual.
This month (these are standard meeting times)
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese and Wine is an occasional meeting. Watch our Facebook group for notices!
- Potluck is usually 3rd Sunday of the month. In garb (if you can) and bring a dish to share! Next on 7/21, 8/18, 9/15, 10/20, 11/17, 12/15
- Winter Feast Date is 2/16/20 Theme is German Renaissance
- Activities through 5-26-19 Egil’s – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-2jM
- Activities through 6-2-19 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-2kb
- Activities through 6-9-19 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-2n3
- Activities through 6-16-19 Potluck – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-2n4
…and this coming week’s (live by Monday) – Activities through 6-23-19 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-2o3
Here are the direct Portfolio links which have all the past Project Day reports and all the various projects, just whomp through pictures until what you see appeals to you, mouse-hover on the pic and then hit “view” when that shows.
- Original Blog (pre-7/19/15) here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/
- Our newer portfolio (7/20/15 – 2/6/17) is here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/
- …and the newest (2/6/17 and newer) https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio
…and to get to Ancient Light – https://www.google.com/maps/dir/”/email@example.com,-124.1371198,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x54c1c24bf1be429f:0x69542f3011d51d41!2m2!1d-124.06708!2d44.426685