We’re definitely gearing up for the Feast Season. Anja is going to teach a couple of classes at 12th Night and at AnTir/West War, plus she is putting together a Bardic Championship for Corvaria, plus a trial of her Simpling and Herbwifery class happened at a mundane event. Winter projects are going from liqueurs to sewing to getting ready for our Feast.
We started the month with setting up a bunch of glass shelves and sorting out the plants that the Herb Bunch has been working on over the summer. Plus, we finished our unit on incense and started candles. …and there’s always harvesting, drying, storing, etc…. plus the batch of mushrooms that got dried for later use. …and thread waxers. 🙂
After doing a lot of tool tending, which was mostly
sanding and wood-buttering handles, Loren started working on a batch of antler pieces for a rune set and then started with some wooden ones. Anja finished another spoon and has been working on a piece of rowan wood for a wand. This week we made a “pounding stick” for the sauerkraut and then made use of it. …and some coins came in.
We’re getting feedback on the feast foods and some of the trial runs, like seedcakes and the apple/ginger compote, turned out even better than we had hoped. We’re almost ready to put together a menu and the cookbook is well underway. Plus we had a yummy potluck on 10/20 and care packages went out to the folks who couldn’t make it. We did lose a batch of sauerkraut that spat out too much liquid and molded, but then put together *4* 1/2 gallon batches that are perking away on the table, right now. Several batches of cheese and pickles got done and went to various purposes. We also tried it and discovered that doing the cooking of the tvarog in a crockpot makes it come out to a beautiful, creamy cheese!
…and embroidery and sewing and all the little bits.
…and always there are lots of pictures and jokes and links in the newsletters. Too many to count!
This coming month we’re really going to be working on Winter Feast stuff, and starting the cookie baking. Loren swears that he’s going to get some sundials made and get Anja’s puppet pieces cut. We have our potluck on 11/17.
This month (these are standard meeting times)
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese and Wine is an occasional meeting. Watch our Facebook group for notices!
- Potluck is usually 3rd Sunday of the month. In garb (if you can) and bring a dish to share! Next on 11/17, 12/15
- Winter Feast Date is 2/16/20 Date will probably change because of the conflict with Summits A&S&B. Theme is German Renaissance
- Activities through 9-29-19 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-2FO
- Activities through 10-6-19 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-2Hr
- Activities through 10-13-19 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-2Ij
- Activities through 10-20-19 Potluck – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-2IJ
- Activities through 10-27-19 Collegium – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-2J5
- Activities through 11-3-19 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-2K0
…and this coming week’s (live by Monday) Activities through 11-10-19 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-2LC
Here are the direct Portfolio links which have all the past Project Day reports and all the various projects, just whomp through pictures until what you see appeals to you, mouse-hover on the pic and then hit “view” when that shows.
- Original Blog (pre-7/19/15) here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/
- Our newer portfolio (7/20/15 – 2/6/17) is here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/
- …and the newest (2/6/17 and newer) https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio
…and to get to Ancient Light – https://www.google.com/maps/dir/”/email@example.com,-124.1371198,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x54c1c24bf1be429f:0x69542f3011d51d41!2m2!1d-124.06708!2d44.426685