We started this month working on sauerkraut and cordials. The former got taste-tested this month and seems to have done well. We’ve just got it put by for the February feast. The cordials have been tended since being put together and are almost ready for bottling to age a bit.
Herbs finished up our unit on candles and we’re starting some fun things for the holidays, gifts and such. We have been working on wax-related things all month, from de-waxing tools and supplies to making wood butter. Also the plants have been (mostly) winterized and it looks like the harvest is pretty well done. All that’s left is the
seeds of the parsley and carrot which have bags stapled around them, at the moment.
Loren’s been working on smoothing a bunch of rounds for amulets and pendants all month. Anja’s been working on that large embroidery project, also all month, plus she got a bunch of small things done for the largesse competition at 11th Night, that aren’t going to actually make it there.
We had a good potluck on the 17th of November and ended up making a lot of care packages that went out to the members who couldn’t make it and requested those. We found a delicious leek soup recipe that’s going to get
used for the feast, some documentation for the onion pies and it looks like we have a good recipe for the lemon chicken, now, and the marzipan shortbread. We even made hippocras this month! The Thanksgiving meal took up a lot of time, too. Oh, and we found an actual recipe for the almond cheese!
…and as always there are lots of links, music, interesting pictures and funnies in the weekly reports.
This coming month contains 11th Night, a potluck on the 15th, plus the mundane holidays and getting ready for 12th Night!
This month (these are standard meeting times)
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese and Wine is an occasional meeting. Watch our Facebook group for notices!
- Potluck is usually 3rd Sunday of the month. In garb (if you can) and bring a dish to share! Next on 12/15, 1/19/20
- Winter Feast Date is 2/23/20 Theme is German Renaissance
- Activities through 11-10-19 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-2LC
- Activities through 11-17-19 Potluck – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-2No
- Activities through 11-24-19 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-2OT
- Activities through 12-1-19 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-2Pn
…and this coming week’s (live by Monday) Activities through 12-8-19 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-2Qk (Not yet out….)
Here are the direct Portfolio links which have all the past Project Day reports and all the various projects, just whomp through pictures until what you see appeals to you, mouse-hover on the pic and then hit “view” when that shows.
- Original Blog (pre-7/19/15) here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/
- Our newer portfolio (7/20/15 – 2/6/17) is here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/
- …and the newest (2/6/17 and newer) https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio
…and to get to Ancient Light – https://www.google.com/maps/dir/”/firstname.lastname@example.org,-124.1371198,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x54c1c24bf1be429f:0x69542f3011d51d41!2m2!1d-124.06708!2d44.426685