This has been quite a year. No events, then thinking we were starting back up and then getting squashed again. Summits Coronet did occur, but with only the absolutely necessary people there. All hail Luciano and Tessina, the new Heirs!
There’s Crown this weekend, which was cancelled and then moved over the Canadian border to this weekend, so that the Crown could attend. Their Majesties Christian and Helene have reigned for a long while. I think it’s a good thing that they had been on the throne before, so that they could easily adapt what they knew to the circumstances of almost two years of Plague.
Many classes, an Ithra and various symposia have been held online. A lot of groups have gotten really creative about it, to the point where Crown is going to be live-streamed and lots of subsidiary interviews and activities will show up online!
Business meetings, A&S nights, live-streams of fight practices, classes and interviews have bounced the SCA into a Virtual World presence, even House Capuchin, since we’ve been holding Project Days and Potlucks online since March of 2020. For those of us whose real-world participation has been restricted by physical circumstances this has been wonderful, but we’re all tired of it and hoping that the Plague will subside and “real life” can happen again.
Herbs (Anja has a garden, now), Cookery, Clothing and embellishments are most of what we’ve been working on, in our various capacities.
Anja has been teaching quite a lot over the last year, mostly blackwork, balls and marzipan. There are a few recordings, now.
We are having in-person meetings at Ancient Light (mostly). Masks are required and social distancing will happen, if possible.
This month (these are standard meeting times) All are in the Virtual Realm at the current time.
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Thursday, 709pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, 1 to 5pm (and online)
- Cheese and Wine is an occasional meeting. Watch our Facebook group for notices!
- Potluck is 3rd Sunday of the month. Virtual potlucks mean that you set up a meal for yourself, in garb, and get pix of whatever. Sometimes that will be the food (get us a recipe or review), sometimes your plateful, sometimes the table, or you.
Reports are to be found here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio
Many Long Term Projects have progress on their respective pages, from Mushroom Wicks and Ink to Marzipan and Cheese – https://housecapuchin.com/projects-over-period-of-time/
Our Annual Winter Feast, which has plans for both real world (if possible) and an online feast (if necessary) is on the Norse, Viking Era. Pages that are going up derive from this parent page. – https://housecapuchin.com/winter-feast/winter-feast-norse-feast-as-lvi-february-2022/
Here are the direct Portfolio links which have all the past Project Day reports and all the various projects, just whomp through pictures until what you see appeals to you, mouse-hover on the pic and then hit “view” when that shows.
- Original Blog (pre-7/19/15) here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/
- Our newer portfolio (7/20/15 – 2/6/17) is here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/
- …and the newest (2/6/17 and newer) https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio
…and to get to Ancient Light – https://www.google.com/maps/dir/”/email@example.com,-124.1371198,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x54c1c24bf1be429f:0x69542f3011d51d41!2m2!1d-124.06708!2d44.426685
In ministerio autem Somnium! – Anja Snihova’, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin.