There’s very little from this week. Anja and Loren had a mundane event at their shop that ate the week, what with cleaning and then the event on Saturday and Sunday. The good part of that was Anja managed to do a trial run on a class on Simpling and Herbwifery during the weekend.
…and your scribe didn’t realize until just now (Monday morning) that not a single photo has happened all week. Obviously, this week didn’t happen!
This week should be more normal, although cleaning up is going to eat some of the time. I’m hoping to get my puppet cut out, so I can start the clothing.
Potluck on Sunday! Whatcha bringin’? 🙂
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese and Wine happens irregularly, usually announced with little notice on our Facebook group.
- Next Potluck – 10/20, 11/17, 12/15, 1/19/20
- Winter Feast Date is 2/16/20, Date may change! Theme German Renaissance
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Early Week – Some re-discovered feast gear got washed at Sasha’s and put away with the regular feast gear. We may finally have gotten everything from the last feast done. 🙂
Cookery – Pickles happened Thursday evening and pickled eggs on Friday. The cheese that we planned didn’t.
Sewing – Embroidery went on all week. The auctioned collar and cuffs set is started and causing much cussing.
Herb Bunch – The last of the plants that were to be worked on, some repotted, some just trimmed, got done and the various plants moved. The “callusing” plants got tucked into a shady spot.
Saturday’s workshop time got taken up by a class on “Simpling and Herbwifery”. It went pretty well, with three students. Anja is signing up to do it again at 12th Night, with more references in the handout.
Project Day – Got “eaten” by the event….
- Pictish carved beasts ‘unlike anything found before’ – https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-50040798
- The Bohemian Fariytale Castle Surrounded by a Lake – http://www.tresbohemes.com/2018/01/bohemian-fariytale-castle-surrounded-lake/
- 500 Years Later, MIT Proves That Da Vinci’s Bridge Design Works – https://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/infrastructure/a29426711/da-vinci-bridge/
- Artisans, the SCA, Regalia, and RFP’s – http://www.livingstonjewelers.com/blog_rfp.html
- Staffordshire Hoard secrets revealed in landmark publication – https://www.staffordshirehoard.org.uk/staffordshire-hoard-secrets-revealed-in-landmark-publication
Alan Roberts, posted on Facebook 10/9/19 (used with permission)
“May it please the court. I am special counsel to his Majesty. I am Count Rudolf of Giuliani.
1) he never said that. I’ve read “turbulent” priest, “troublesome” or “meddlesome.” Which is it, eh? Lying chroniclers!
2) if he said that, surely ’twas in jest. When he says “What miserable drones and traitors have I nurtured and promoted in my household who let their lord be treated with such shameful contempt by a low-born clerk!” It was a jape!
3) who is this “whistleblower” anyway? Let him come forth and pluck this gold coin from the bottom of this pot of heated oil. If God favors his charges, he shall heal quickly.
4) by what right does this court try God’s ordained king? You have no jurisdiction [King Charles I tried this defense. Spoiler: it didn’t work.]
5) we will not allow the king’s ministers to be sorely vexed by this… this STAR CHAMBER!
6) even if he said that (and he didn’t) it is in his power to do thus, by devine right.
7) if His Majesty wanted Becket dead, he would have signed a death warrant. Which he didn’t.
8) the knights were only supposed to ARREST Becket, and things got out of hand. (The so-called Khashoggi defense). No mens rea.
9) WHAT ABOUT QUEEN MAUDE’S EMAILS?”
Sasha, Loren, Anja, Susanne, Amy
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 304
- ASLIII – 146
- ASLIV – 165 plus 2 puppets, 20 powder fort packets, 3 snip sheathe w/snips, 9 tiny bobs, 1 emery, lucet cords, 1 bamboo needlecase, 1 bone needle, 25 pouches for block-printing, 1 medium pouch, 4 small pouches, 12 bookmarkers, 18 unfinished pincushions, 1 sewing kit (except for bone needle), varnished stuff (124)
Total as a Household = 3994 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 10/6/19 & published ?/??/?? (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 10/7/19