Paragraph coming week
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese and Wine happens irregularly, usually announced with little notice on our Facebook group.
- Next Potluck – 3/15, 4/19, 5/17
- Winter Feast Date is 2/23/20, Theme German Renaissance
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Feast Progress – Feast Gear being sorted and labeled. More prep happening. Dishes made and frozen. Stuff readied for subtleties. Printing of recipes and labels.
Summits A&S & Bardic – All Hail, Eleanor de Bolton, the new A&S Champion of the Summits! All Hail, Iurii Victorev Belogorski, our new Bardic Champion!
Early Week – On Wednesday all the boxes of feast gear got pulled out, sorted, and re-arranged. We didn’t have ink so we couldn’t print new lists, but we at least got things started. The treadle sewing machine that’s behind where the garb has been stored had to get folded up so that the boxes could go on top. …we were trying to get that done by Wednesday night, but it kept getting later and later and later….
Cookery – We’re in the last throes of getting ready for the feast.
Tuesday & Wednesday were feast gear, plus some other small things like getting stuff from fridge to freezer or shifting within a freezer.
Thursday we started a new batch of the chicken/mushroom/barley soup, and finished that on Friday.
On Friday some of the vegetable dishes started prep. These are things that will be frozen until late in the coming week.
On Saturday, spice mixes got prepared for the site tokens in Herbs and we started the pear filling for the stuffed toast. Also, fig pudding. ..and more veg prep for kaltes kraut and then Susanne brought the spaetzle-maker. Then later the turnips got cooked, the marzipan for the subtleties made, the fig pudding finished and put by. I blanched about 1/3 of the vegetables for the kaldes kraut and made the sauce. We also have a set of blanched leeks that can be added to something, when needed.
Some of the cooks are working on skillz… 🙂 Louisa made schnitzel nuggets for her Mom this week. …and a sauce! Isobel and Coleman made the Shrewsbury cakes.
More on Project Day!
Sewing – No one was in for Sewing (where are the people who keep saying they’re going to show up?) so Anja worked on the footstool cover.
Herb Bunch – During the week a lot of watering and tending went on. Some shifting of plants i happening indoors, taking some from the “nursery” area to the sales area and others outside.
Workshop was interesting this week! Linda and I were doing two different sets of tasks. She made a cheese salt and bagged some of it, then made a powder douce (all but the grains of paradise) and bagged the older stuff. That’s going for site tokens. I was doing veg prep for the kaldes kraut. I went out and harvested a bunch of greens, mostly fennel, sorrel and dandelion, but there were some other small bits of herbs. Tempus got a lot of that washed and I went on to turnips and leeks (which are going into several different dishes…)
Project Day – We started the day with Loren’s having to run to Newport for more ink so we can print the various things, including the cookbook.
While he was gone Stella stopped by with more containers, a trial run on pretzels, and to work on Byla Cesta. Anja may not be able to sing on Sunday, as her asthma is kicking up, but we’re
going to try.
Loren experimented with grinding sugar for the marzipan. He was using the herb grinder. It worked.
Anja spent time on her footstool cover.
In the evening it was all back to cookery, more veg prep (blanched leeks), zesting and pithing lemons for the chicken, a batch of maple candy and a batch of marzipan.
Music – This is supposed to be a playlist. If it doesn’t come up as that, check the right-hand column for the playlist of the same name.
- The Legend of Drake’s Drum – https://www.historic-uk.com/CultureUK/Legend-Of-Drakes-Drum/
- UNIQUE CELTIC HEAD SCULPTURE GOES ON DISPLAY IN OLOMOUC – https://www.radio.cz/en/section/curraffrs/unique-celtic-head-sculpture-goes-on-display-in-olomouc
- The Oldest Cookbooks From Libraries Around the World – https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/oldest-cookbooks
- Here Be Monsters – https://www.historytoday.com/history-matters/here-be-monsters
- ARCHAEOLOGISTS UNEARTH SEVEN GRAVES DATING BACK TO GREAT MORAVIAN EMPIRE – https://www.radio.cz/en/section/curraffrs/archaeologists-unearth-seven-graves-dating-back-to-great-moravian-empire
Anja, Loren, James, Amor, Sasha, Amy, Louisa (v), Isobel (v), Stella
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 304
- ASLIII – 146
- ASLIV – 185 plus 2 puppets, 3 hippocras mix, 20 powder fort packets, 5 tiny bobs, lucet cords, 25 pouches for block-printing, 1 medium pouch, 4 small pouches, 12 bookmarkers, 18 unfinished pincushions, 1 sewing kit (except for bone needle), varnished stuff (124)
Total as a Household = 4016 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 2/1/20 & published ?/??/20 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 2/17/20