Short week and a short report because Saturday/Sunday is our Winter Feast! There probably won’t be the usual links and things in the next report….which probably won’t publish until Tuesday or Wednesday.
Saturday is cooking day and Sunday is the feast! Monday will be our usual Cook’s Brunch off the leftovers and then the next report will come out.
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese and Wine happens irregularly, usually announced with little notice on our Facebook group.
- Next Potluck – 3/15, 4/19, 5/17
- Winter Feast Date is 2/23/20, Theme German Renaissance
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Feast Progress – More breads, candies are ready. Gonna cook all day Saturday and eat on Sunday!
Early Week – Baking started the week.
Cookery – Monday was breads…pies, or at least the filling. Breads, Chicken and soup was Tuesday and Wednesday, and lemons for the feast chicken. Breads, Cheese spice and finding various soups and pieces and getting them together was Wednesday. During the rest of the week we were too nuts to take pictures or keep track! There are a few pix waiting to be developed.
Sewing – No pix, but cuffs and footstool cover were worked on.
Sundials, etc. – Set up a project box for the sanding of kitchen tools.
Herb Bunch – Other the using some harvested stuffs in the foods, this was all watering.
Music – Ancient FM
- Some incredible subtlety/candy work – http://damealys.medievalcookery.com/sugarpaste.html
- Medieval Turnip Soup – https://historicalitaliancooking.home.blog/english/recipes/medieval-turnip-soup/?fbclid=IwAR0x90E-cZRLk5ryeTM9i1iL2xJfTcJrmaRSC-Q69HjrkzuzBd6E4YT7bYQ
- Roman dagger uncovered by teenage archaeologist on work experience is restored to former glory – https://uk.news.yahoo.com/roman-dagger-restored-germany-145411683.html
- Experimental archaeology – Master’s Student Amy-Rose Mansbridge’s Movie about the YEAR Centre – https://www.facebook.com/ArchaeologyYork/videos/229678641397903/UzpfSTcxNDIyNDE0NzpWSzozMzgyMjI3ODI4NDU5MzQ3/
- Feast & Fast – The Art of Food in Europe, 1500 – 1800 – Exhibition labels – https://feast-and-fast.fitzmuseum.cam.ac.uk/labels/?fbclid=IwAR3qKLnhYUbA6WDtufIRdtjcL-U5pEWBD1uqaWxn5aTbeIu3mtvOdyhbhm8
- Bling Weasel – https://66.media.tumblr.com/a5619a38355a99069d0da1308d019ebf/tumblr_o615huDVMt1ulfge1o1_1280.gif?fbclid=IwAR35umWSdT-MzERJ4dF64EAtzFNNs25xP85vQfanVmHvFtOCgO4iduRP_io
- The Stunning Gokstad Ship – Best Preserved Viking Vessel in Existence – https://www.thevintagenews.com/2018/03/19/the-gokstad-ship/?fbclid=IwAR096A9aRwsW_9ZjIejfTWSXZhDcgiXGI3GzrnXmbQuto3UMJf73uoWBEec
- Curonians, the fearsome pirates of the Baltic – https://m.en.delfi.lt/article.php?id=71509824&fbclid=IwAR3CKwgrbzd8F6ve6ttKZ9Hm2mRcmAFHMMgBq6pRf1AHHcL-YFzk9PdiT6o
- Disregarded manuscript proves major find – https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/02/16/disregarded-manuscript-proves-major-find/
Anja, Loren, James (v), Amor (v), Louisa (v), Isobel (v), Coleman (v)
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 304
- ASLIII – 146
- ASLIV – 184+1=185 plus 2 puppets, 3 hippocras mix, 20 powder fort packets, 5 tiny bobs, lucet cords, 25 pouches for block-printing, 1 medium pouch, 4 small pouches, 12 bookmarkers, 18 unfinished pincushions, 1 sewing kit (except for bone needle), varnished stuff (124)
Total as a Household = 4016 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 2/14/20 & published 2/22/20 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 2/22/20