Gogor might be coming out for a visit in May. Amor is back to his usual trials and tribulations with airplanes. Sasha’s work schedule has gone off the deep end, and Gudrun got the job!
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Next Potluck – 3/17, 4/21, 5/19, 6/16
- Winter Feast Date is 2/16/20 (assuming that there is one….)
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Early Week – We started with clean-up of course, finished up Monday evening, by getting the crocks onto the new shelf and then we found some more feast stuff, washed it and got it put up. …and then another batch of crocks and baking things, purchased last summer, finally got pulled out and washed.
Sewing – Anja was busy this week with a mundane project that’s blackwork, so it’s being included…. She was also doing tissue covers and finishing that kiss-lock pouch.
Sundials – Most of the progress this week was drilling holes in things….. and setting up to drill holes in things.
Herb Bunch – On Monday the re-usable filters finally showed up. We’ll have them ready for the next time we need to strain something.
Saturday’s workshop was more of the same, processing dried herbs for use.
Project Day – Started with putting away some of the cleaned feast things. Pieces are showing up as we finished off leftovers. Most of the pickle jars are cleaned and put by until needed.
Anja consulted with two people about food for vigils at Egil’s. She offered to help for Turk’s and Vesta’s vigils, but has to plan ahead to get the food there. If she makes it to the event at all it’ll be for the elevations.
Sewing was next for her and Loren had to take off to go help out someone who is car-less because of a house-fire. She worked on tissue cover and kiss-lock pouch, after photos.
Once Loren was back he did a little on the things that need to be drilled. Peach pits still need to be done and copper tubes filed smooth.
Music – A whole set of dances, done by SCAdians, it looks like, some at events.
- Dragomans and Crusaders: The Role of Translators and Translation in the Medieval Eastern Mediterranean, 1098-1291 – http://www.medievalists.net/2019/03/dragomans-and-crusaders-the-role-of-translators-and-translation-in-the-medieval-eastern-mediterranean-1098-1291/
- A Fascinating Map of Medieval Trade Routes
- Wallets & Shoulder-Sacks – http://www.larsdatter.com/wallets.htm?fbclid=IwAR3TYE0A15rwDOkLqhmT1cAs0bfz4NPGq3Snc7epSmpaNJf0uAxav5pTtFs
- Researchers Crack Mathematical Code of 3,700-Year-Old Babylonian Tablet – https://mymodernmet.com/plimpton-322-mathematical-discovery/
- Irish bog butter is 1,500 years older than previously thought – https://www.thejournal.ie/irish-bog-butter-study-4541342-Mar2019/
Anja, Loren, Gudrun (V), Sasha (V), AMor (V), Gogor (V)
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 304
- ASLIII – 146 plus 25 pouches for block-printing, 8 bookmarkers, 22 unfinished pincushions, 1 sewing kit (except for bone needle), varnished stuff (124)
Total as a Household = 3830 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 3/18/19 and published3/25/19 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 3/25/19