Illness isn’t something that is any respecter of what we need to get done and this week really proved it. 1/2 the House was down with something or another, Anja being the one (being your scribe) that took the most toll, but several other projects got badly disrupted and most of the meetings did, too.
Hopefully, this coming week will see things back to normal, although there’s a possibility that Anja and Loren are going to head out on a rock-collecting trip next weekend, stopping over at the All Fool’s Revel in Corvaria.
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Next Potluck – 4/21, 5/19, 6/16
- Winter Feast Date is 2/16/20 (assuming that there is one….)
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Early Week – Anja seemed to be coming down with something, so she took her embroidery and went to bed. Gudrun is sick, too. It’s that time of year.
Cookery – Clams!
- Medieval clams recipe (video) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfPJyoEbGpc&t=42s&fbclid=IwAR2bpXqYOiX8mdHxeJjS8wFvWLCv46KPI81Bd15RVFcxHU5tdjzGvqfGflg
- Medieval clams recipe https://historicalitaliancooking.home.blog/english/recipes/medieval-clams-recipe/
Sewing – Anja being sick during the early part of the week means that she did a lot of embroidery, and a little bit of hand-sewing. These were first thing on Sunday.
Herb Bunch – Nothing this week….. Anja was still down with whatever-it-was.
Project Day – We started the day by talking over some of the on-going projects, trying to kick ’em another bit down the road. A couple of pin-holders got their pincushions and straps. Now we just have to figure out how to do the finishing. Just wood-butter? Varnish? Paint?
Anja did a little on a piece of beading that’s been hanging fire for awhile and then went down with a migraine. Loren spent the rest of the afternoon on filing copper pieces.
- Rushlights – Rush dips, rushlight and splint holders, nips – http://www.oldandinteresting.com/rushlights.aspx?fbclid=IwAR2NXCWVIY9rRHdHnbFmlascuclz4zAN-wzTVf6wegNFSDUipg2coeUWKOg
- Rushlight: How the Country Poor Lit Their Homes (1904) – http://www.victorianweb.org/technology/domestic/1.html
- Rocket cats? Not quite – https://uniqueatpenn.wordpress.com/2013/02/05/a-rocket-cat-early-modern-explosives-treatises-at-penn/
- Project breathing new life into forgotten medieval chants – http://www.medievalists.net/2019/03/project-breathing-new-life-into-forgotten-medieval-chants/
- Chaucer – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4wzJZdmelA&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2qVYp8DqWEGjazCA0dwxCE0VXgNOXR0PlSwOkuPr2BGeaidDY-W54JfTo
- Medicine or Magic? Physicians in the Middle Ages – http://www.medievalists.net/2019/03/medicine-or-magic-physicians-in-the-middle-ages/
- Childhood in the Middle Ages – http://www.medievalists.net/2018/11/childhood-middle-ages/
- Intercession and Motherhood: The Queenships of Philippa of Hainault and Anne of Bohemia – http://www.medievalists.net/2019/03/intercession-and-motherhood-the-queenships-of-philippa-of-hainault-and-anne-of-bohemia/
- Why is this Knight Different than Other Knights? – http://www.medievalists.net/2019/03/why-is-this-knight-different-than-other-knights/
- Medieval Geopolitics: Crusades Against Christians – http://www.medievalists.net/2019/03/crusades-against-christians/
- The Sad Story of the Queen of the Elves: An Icelandic Folktale – http://www.medievalists.net/2019/03/the-sad-story-of-the-queen-of-the-elves-an-icelandic-folktale/
Anja, Loren, Gudrun (V)
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 304
- ASLIII – 146 plus 25 pouches for block-printing, 8 bookmarkers, 22 unfinished pincushions, 1 sewing kit (except for bone needle), varnished stuff (124)
Total as a Household = 3830 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 3/24/19 and published 4/1/19 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 4/1/19