Our newsletter is running late again this week. I apologize, but our tiny home is finally in place and we’re busily engaged in getting things moved over to it! Things should get back to normal within another week or two.
Of course in-person meetings are still not happening. What we’re hoping at this point is to start the Herbs Workshop up first, once the restrictions ease in Lincoln County.
All meetings are on hold for the moment, although Project Day and the Monthly Potluck are being held in the Virtual Realm. We’re also doing mini-potlucks, just Anja & Loren and one other “pod” at a time. Let us know if you’re interested!
When will we be able to do these in person? We’ll probably keep right on with the virtual ones side-by-side with the actual.
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese and Wine happens irregularly, usually announced with little notice on our Facebook group.
- Next Virtual Potluck – 4/18, 5/16, 6/20
- No Winter Feast in 2021. We’ll revisit for one in 2022 sometime in the next two months.
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Misc – Miss art museums? The Louvre just put its entire art collection online – https://www.cnn.com/style/article/louvre-art-collection-free-museum-trnd/index.html
Interactive site map – https://collections.louvre.fr/en/plan
- A Master List for finding classes, webinars and other things – https://moas.eastkingdom.org/list-of-online-webinars/?fbclid=IwAR20OE8b6vvYKvmwrqwpule27szarZ7EPV-8R72F1eV2CxcdmOXQhZf9ayk
- Virtual West Coast Culinary Symposium 2021 – Online Event – Event by Kingdom of Caid and Mercy Neumark – Apr 2 at 11 AM PDT – Apr 4 at 2 PM PDT
- Register – https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdf9m-jKJpDFxAO9ItF-ADhW8HYa-rwmdIWn_zR6HQ2dnZlnA/viewform?fbclid=IwAR2iqd_pYMTUUaMrcWdEfwxoukUPN2qbbDNWGX29Um-DkvEKKjU0jnnvd1c
- Information – https://wp.sca-caid.org/events/ (You have to go several layers in!)
- Anja’s Balls class – 4/11, 2pm.
- Jun 5 at 7 AM PDT – Jun 6 at 3 PM PDT – Sparkly and Shiny – https://www.facebook.com/events/467194268026910
- Known World Science Symposium – JUN 25, 2021 AT 8 AM PDT – JUN 27, 2021 AT 11 AM PDT – Barony of Gryphon’s Lair – https://www.facebook.com/events/456485881710498/
Other Good Stuff
Knowne Worlde Entertainment Guide – KWEG – Entertainment List – https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xEZAwCca4IQham3TpxfWnonQscG668mmYgIMA18YZ-E/edit?fbclid=IwAR3UAXblIOd9u-N5IKtJNLzLFS52KPibZEAuwoDHjWzFoCtN_gDHETI9iCo&fbclid=IwAR3LHjEqnVdiWwe8G4s_zyAy46spXdgThJieqPnF5Metn9IOFzJWGpLkLNw#gid=0
Dance Vids – Gioliva – https://www.patreon.com/posts/low-slow-and-49240869
Online Class: Banner Painting 101 with HL Ana de la Sara – EarlySweden – Join HL Ana De La Sara for her class Banner Painting 101. The first hour of this class will be a lecture, discussion and display. HL Ana will then continue the class for anyone who would like assistance on hands on practice.
Online Class: Modern Music Notation with Dame Elisabeth Piper – EarlySweden – Join Dame Elisabeth Piper for her class: Modern Music Notation. This class is an introduction to the basic concepts of modern music notation. Students will learn to slowly, but accurately, decode musical examples. We will use pianos, electronic keyboards or keyboard apps to explore modern transcriptions of SCA period music. The focus of this class is hand-on practice of basic note-reading skills. Students will need access to an electronic keyboard, piano, or keyboard app with a device with a large enough screen to allow easy interaction with the virtual keyboard. They will need to download a print the class handout before the start of class.
Trans History – Royal University of the Midrealm – RUM – Lord Rohjon the Wanderer discusses the history of Transgender individuals.
Start a Newsletter and Keep It Going – Royal University of the Midrealm – RUM – Lady Claricia de la Mere discusses how to create and continue to produce a newsletter.
Early Week – We were eating up a lot of leftovers. Sash got a care package on Thursday. We set up a pork tenderloin roast on Friday, which was really good.
Cookery – The last pear was gone on Wednesday. The rolls had been finished on Monday. The broth and a bunch of carrots went into a carrot and onion soup on Thursday, when Anja was making up packet meals.
Anja was spending a lot of time this week setting up things for the marzipan class and doing some research into origins and older recipes. …and then on Sunday realized it wasn’t going to happen, drattit. Mostly it’s because the molds that were needed for 1/3 of the class got returned to sender for “insufficient address”. Same company and same address that we’ve been using for 6 years…
Tudor Tansy Cake: An Easter Tradition – The Tudor Travel Guide – Tudor Tansy Cake: An Easter Tradition Become a member of my YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/30ZbE4v Subscribe to the blog to get more top tips for visiting historic Tudor properties across the UK and receive your FREE digital mini-guide by following this link: https://thetudortravelguide.com/free The Tudor Travel Guide is delighted to be able to collaborate with Brigitte Webster from TudorExperience.com in our Great Tudor Bake Off series, featuring Tudor cookery demonstrations. In this video, enjoy this Tudor Easter recipe and find out how to prepare a traditional Tudor tansy cake.
Sewing – Starting the needlebook for the sewing set for the gift exchange.
Hand-Sewing a 16th Century Caul with Blackwork Embroidery – Lynne Fairchild – Watch step by step as a I hand-sew a previous blackwork embroidery project into a 16th century styled Elizabethan caul. A caul is a hair covering for the back of the head. Typically, a caul should be 10-12 inches in diameter with the band being 19-21 inches long. In this video, you may notice that the caul has a diameter of 14 inches (7 inches time 2) and the band is 23 inches long. I did this intentionally, as this caul was a surprise gift for a friend. This way, she can take the caul in as much as she likes to fit her head snuggly.
Tablet Weaving Tutorial: Finishing Your Tablet Weaving – Elewys of Finchingefeld – Have you ever gotten to the end of your weaving and thought…OK, how do I finish this? I have four options for you whether you have already cut it off your loom or are looking to finish it before you cut it.
Sundials, etc. –
Illustration from an article on volvelles in early science texts. Included several videos of them in use. – https://www.openculture.com/2021/01/a-16th-century-astronomy-book-featured-analog-computers.html
Herb Bunch – A bunch of pictures happened on Monday. A lot of these plants are going to head out to Anja and Loren’s new place once they get moved.
Project Day – Started late and ended early, because of the moving stuff going on. Anja was at the shop by herself, and when customers came in had to go tend to that. No one else but Arlys showed up, though. So I guess it was ok. Anja was embroidering, although she had planned to be working on marzipan. That’s going to be happening, anyway, even if the class doesn’t. It’ll be ready for the next time it can be taught. The largesse bottle openers are one step closer.
Music – AncientFM this week!
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 304
- ASLIII – 146
- ASLIV – 230 plus 4 puppets, 4 powder fort, 8 cheese spice and 9 powder douce packets, 1 kiss-lock pouch, 9 tiny bobs, 7 pincushions, 3 pins, 3 snip case w/snips, lucet cords, 25 pouches for block-printing, 1 medium pouch, 4 small pouches, 12 bookmarkers, 14 unfinished pincushions, 1 sewing kit (except for bone needle), varnished stuff (124), 2 emery strawberries, 1 woolen spool-knit cord, 48 key bottle openers
Total as a Household = 4061 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 3/22/21 & published ??/??/21 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 3/30/21