Cookery made us late this week. Stuff cooked on Sunday got finished on Monday, so we waited to add those pictures.
It was a fairly quiet week as far as SCA stuff goes, although Loren and Anja are moving which is eating all of their spare time.
Try 2 on the Balls class is this coming Sunday! Virtual Project Day that day will be mostly Loren, although Anja may get a look-in.
All meetings are on hold for the moment, although Project Day and the Monthly Potluck are being held in the Virtual Realm. We’re also doing mini-potlucks, just Anja & Loren and one other “pod” at a time. Let us know if you’re interested!
When will we be able to do these in person? We’ll probably keep right on with the virtual ones side-by-side with the actual.
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese and Wine happens irregularly, usually announced with little notice on our Facebook group.
- Next Virtual Potluck – 4/18, 5/16, 6/20
- No Winter Feast in 2021. We’ll revisit for one in 2022 sometime in the next two months.
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Misc – Can You Solve These Medieval Riddles? – https://www.medievalists.net/2016/03/can-you-solve-these-medieval-riddles/
Brief History on the Kingdom of An Tir
- A Master List for finding classes, webinars and other things – https://moas.eastkingdom.org/list-of-online-webinars/?fbclid=IwAR20OE8b6vvYKvmwrqwpule27szarZ7EPV-8R72F1eV2CxcdmOXQhZf9ayk
- Virtual West Coast Culinary Symposium 2021 – Online Event – Event by Kingdom of Caid and Mercy Neumark – Apr 2 at 11 AM PDT – Apr 4 at 2 PM PDT
- Register – https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdf9m-jKJpDFxAO9ItF-ADhW8HYa-rwmdIWn_zR6HQ2dnZlnA/viewform?fbclid=IwAR2iqd_pYMTUUaMrcWdEfwxoukUPN2qbbDNWGX29Um-DkvEKKjU0jnnvd1c
- Information – https://wp.sca-caid.org/events/ (You have to go several layers in!)
- Anja’s Balls class – 4/11, 2pm.
- Jun 5 at 7 AM PDT – Jun 6 at 3 PM PDT – Sparkly and Shiny – https://www.facebook.com/events/467194268026910
- Known World Science Symposium – JUN 25, 2021 AT 8 AM PDT – JUN 27, 2021 AT 11 AM PDT – Barony of Gryphon’s Lair – https://www.facebook.com/events/456485881710498/
Other Good Stuff
Known World Entertainment Guide – KWEG – Entertainment List – Week 47 – April 4 – April 10 – https://www.facebook.com/KWEGuide/photos/pcb.286825113036946/286824583036999/
Dance Vids –
La compagnia di danze medievali “I Virelai” – Trovaeventinews Turista in Italia – Al Castello di Santa Severa torna ad esibirsi il corpo di ballo di danze medievali “I Virelai”, guidato dalla Maestra Maria Teresa Mascioni, che hanno rappresentato parte del loro repertorio.
The medieval dance company “I Virelai” – Trovaeventinews Tourist in Italy – The medieval dance corps “I Virelai” returns to perform at the Castle of Santa Severa, led by Maestra Maria Teresa Mascioni, who represented part of their repertoire.
The Contessa Answers All: Rhythm in Bassadanza – Rachel Lorenz – The Creative Contessa explains how to find the rhythm in bassadanza/basse danse music and whether or not you can dance such dances to any bassadanza tune.
Classes – Missed out this week. We’ll add a class post at some point over the next several days, and then be caught up next week.
Early Week – Anja is still deep in marzipan research.
Cookery – Lots happened on Sunday, almost none for the rest of the week. Write-up on Project Day page.
Sewing – Anja found a fascinating little box that holds sewing supplies. It’s a pyramid that opens up like an etui and holds needles and scissors and such. She’s working out a pattern for one. She’s still working on the last scissor case and the needlebook. Sunday was all about a lined pouch.
- Apron Largesse – Morgan Donner – http://www.morgandonner.com/2013/09/apron-largesse/
- Chinese Clothing and Armor, commercial site – https://www.chineseclothingonline.com/index.php?cPath=93_95&name=Chinese+Armours&osCsid=1qgd78n8eeduakucont3vdmfa4
- Early medieval bedding discovered in Sweden – https://www.medievalists.net/2021/03/early-medieval-bedding-discovered-in-sweden/
- ‘Stayned’ and ‘peynted’ textiles – https://medievalart.co.uk/2018/10/26/stayned-and-peynted-textiles/amp/
Sundials, etc. – Getting ‘et by the move.
Herb Bunch – Plants being moved and tended.
Project Day – Started with an unexpected visit from a House member who lives up in Washington and we haven’t seen for most of a decade! Kaleb’s doing well, living with girlfriend, etc. He’s been working pretty hard and coordinating schedules and funds is a problem, with school, work, etc.
Arlys and Rosamunde checked in.
Anja and Loren started some cookery. First was chicken to have poached meat and broth. Next was Hrudka, since it was Easter, finally a soup was started with chicken broth and a bunch of the dried vegetables from last fall. This was an experiment to figure out how much broth was needed for the dried stuff and also what it would taste like. More pix will be added when the dishes are finished.
Mushrooms – We get a special blend of dried mushrooms from a local restaurant supply. They’re not as useable as they might be for our purposes being whole slices, so they need to be run through the food processor and sifted.
Danze medievali italiane – Italian medieval dances – Musica Medievale – Ensemble: Anima Mundi Consort Album: Danze Strumentali Italiane VOL. I & II http://www.facebook.com/musicamedievale
- Chançoneta Tedesca 2
- Bel Fiore Dança
- Saltarello 4
- Saltarello 3
- Chominciamento di Gioia
- Chançoneta Tedesca
- Manfredina e Rotta della Manfredina
- Tre Fontane
- Dança Amorosa – Trotto
- Principio di Virtú
- Saltarello 2
- Chançoneta Tedesca 1
- In Pro
- Chançoneta Tedesca 3
- Lamento di Tristano e Sua Rotta
- The Lindisfarne Gospels to head North in 2022 – https://www.medievalists.net/2021/03/lindisfarne-gospels-2022/
- A Medieval Guide to Avoiding the Next Pandemic – https://www.medievalists.net/2021/03/medieval-guide-next-pandemic/
- Forensic archaeologist gives new clues to 800-year old bones discovered at Westminster Palace – https://www.medievalists.net/2021/03/forensic-archaeologist-800-year-old-bones/
- The Death of Patrick of Salisbury and the Rise of William Marshal – https://www.medievalists.net/2021/03/patrick-salisbury-william-marshal/
- Raiders, marauders, ravagers, and pirates: their impact on Byzantine life, with Alexander Sarantis (podcast) – https://www.medievalists.net/2021/03/raiders-marauders-ravagers-pirates-alexander-sarantis/
- Lady Dervorgilla and her Collection of Books – https://www.medievalists.net/2021/03/lady-dervorgilla-collection-books/
- 10 Beautiful Medieval items you can see on the Louvre’s new database – https://www.medievalists.net/2021/03/medieval-louvres-online-database/
Forme of Cury – Original Page & Video – https://modernmedievalcuisine.com/2021/04/01/in-my-study-reading-and-translating-the-john-rylands-forme-of-cury/
Some follow-up thoughts on Forme of Cury video – https://modernmedievalcuisine.com/2021/04/04/some-follow-up-thoughts-on-forme-of-cury-video/
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 304
- ASLIII – 146
- ASLIV – 230 plus 4 puppets, 4 powder fort, 8 cheese spice and 9 powder douce packets, 1 kiss-lock pouch, 9 tiny bobs, 7 pincushions, 3 pins, 3 snip case w/snips, lucet cords, 25 pouches for block-printing, 1 medium pouch, 4 small pouches, 12 bookmarkers, 14 unfinished pincushions, 1 sewing kit (except for bone needle), varnished stuff (124), 2 emery strawberries, 1 woolen spool-knit cord, 48 key bottle openers
Total as a Household = 4061 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 3/25/21 & published 4/5/21 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 4/5/21
Leave a Reply