Stick horses finally happened! …and they’re *very* silly. Food and embroidery and the tourney are this week’s other highlights.
Any info on Egil’s is actually going to be in next week’s newsletter
since the event runs into Monday, although we have a few pictures below. A couple of things that we know occurred were that Seamus was given a Mano do Oro, Tryggr was Laureled, Durin was made a Pelican and Andrew a Master of Defense, along with Piaras being given an Honour of the Belated Rose.
This week’s meetings are at the regular times, although over the following two weeks Herbs and the Saturday Sewing workshop are going to be iffy.
- Sewing Night – At Ancient Light, Thursdays, 6-8pm
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese & Wine – Watch the schedule or the Facebook group! This is going to be irregularly scheduled for when tasks need to occur.
- Next Potluck – 6/25
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Early Week – Anja went a little nuts early in the week, trying to get some stuff made for Tryggr’s vigil. Loren brought her some milk Tuesday evening, so that turned into Schizz, of course. …and shortbread on Wednesday.. and a couple of flavored butters and pickled eggs. That all went to the event, leaving early Friday morning along with the House Banner.
…and the Egil’s prize box and the largesse and the silent auction pieces
An Tir Events – Virtual Feed – Fun facts: Crown Lists – People have been curious as to the numbers for combatants in the last few years. Since the Newsfeed has been active, the number of combatants have been:
- May 2017 – 68 – Christian vs Atais
- Sept 2016 – 72 – Styrkarr vs Havordh
- May 2016 – 84 – Kjartan vs Morgan
- Sept 2015 – 77 – Eirik vs Ulfgar
- May 2015 – 80 – Havordh vs Eirik
- Sept 2014 – 106 – Savaric vs Michael
- May 2014 – 95 – Styrkarr vs Arminius
- Sept 2013 – 91 – Eirik vs Timothy
- May 2013 – 94 – Ieuan vs Leith
Sewing Time – Both Stella and Amy were there, although neither brought a project, nor could stay. Mostly this was Anja and Loren tagging the largesse that went out. (pix above)
Herb Bunch – Mostly was processing some more herbs of the same sort that we have been. Later in the day Anja got going on a list of foods from the Domostroi that we’re going to need for the Slavic Feast, that doesn’t seems to exist online. …so now it does…. even incomplete!
Foods listed in the Domostroi – http://wp.me/p8ngGY-vs
Project Day – ….started with Anja discussing Grendal’s Forged in Fire episode with a customer who left with contact info. 🙂 After that she got to work on some more of the foods list and then alternated that with stick horses and came up with a couple of really silly ones. We ended up with 1/2 a dozen when Amy was there (showing off her bear) and Loren was working on the boxes of wooden pieces. Stella got hold of us during the afternoon to let us know she was back and about to work on food and sleep.
For the vigil
- 7 plates of shortbread
- 2 dozen pickled eggs
- 2 half-cup garlic butters
- 1 lump of Schizz
1 hand-blackworked biscornu
- 3 knitted caps
- 1 bowling set
- 1 child’s cap
- 2 lucet cord
- 36 pincushions
Anja, Loren, Stella, Amy
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 31+79=110 plus 4 sewing box (in process), varnished stuff (124)
- Total as a Household = 3469 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 5/21/17 & published 5/28/17 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 5/28/17