How is it possible to feel so much like the guy in the letter <<<< there, when it’s been a very slow tourist season? We’re dealing with illness, leftover fatigue from illness and other things.
Most of this week was projects continuing. Other than making a batch of bread, Loren wasn’t feeling too well so he didn’t get much done. Anja was just chugging along. Tamra posted in the Virtual Project Day.
We’re coming up on some *big* virtual educational events! Go look at the websites and get registered!
All meetings are on hold for the moment, although Project Day and the Monthly Potluck are being held in the Virtual Realm. We’re also doing mini-potlucks, just Anja & Loren and one other “pod” at a time. Let us know if you’re interested!
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese and Wine happens irregularly, usually announced with little notice on our Facebook group.
- Next Virtual Potluck -9/20
- Next Winter Feast tentative Date is 2/15/21, Probably not being held….
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Faire instead of SCA, but….. Wakanda Forever!
I touched Joshua Miller’s shoulder, who’d been carrying on a very different conversation as King Henry, and said “my dear Henry, we have a visiting guest from Wakanda!”
- A Master List for finding classes, webinars and other things – https://moas.eastkingdom.org/list-of-online-webinars/?fbclid=IwAR20OE8b6vvYKvmwrqwpule27szarZ7EPV-8R72F1eV2CxcdmOXQhZf9ayk
- 9/4-9/7 – An Tir Grand Ithra – https://www.facebook.com/events/283497572757576/
11/7 – The Trimaris Heraldic, Scribal, and Linguistics Symposium –
Past and Recordings
SCA Iberia – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2RmLGx_KiNzoFiM6GAu5Hg/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1
First Virtual Courtesan College – https://www.facebook.com/events/305854520537637/
has a lot of recordings here: Knowne World Courtesans – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4fFGgRQ45tEa5TR6lyUIIQ
8/15 – Wyewood We Wait? – https://www.facebook.com/events/300960464373910/
Online Class: Veil Making 101 with Lady Helena Zancani
Ruffles, Pleats,& Frills Surveilling the Middle Ages for the Extraordinary w/Cristiana de Huntington
Online Class: Waiting for Cadeax with Lady Alicia du Bois
Online Class: Woodworking 101 With HL Alasdair #5 – Trestle Table
How to make a Medieval Trestle Table (DIY)
How to make a medieval bench seat (DIY)
How to make Oseberg Vikings Sea Chest 178 (DIY)
So You Want To Be A Medieval Falconer W/Lady Dagrun
Early Week – Just kept projects going.
Cookery – Soup happened Monday night. It was a “scraped icebox” soup, so no pix or recipe, and ended up with more than a few modern ingredients. It started with the pork dripping and the last of the roast and kept going. 🙂
Tvarog Wednesday into Thursday. This was a “sweet tvarog” intended to go with berries…. huckleberries to be exact, and we were hoping for palacinky….
We had a nectarine that had been sitting to ripen that started to go bad on the bottom on Friday and was almost too hard to cut other than where it was going bad! Anja cut it up and made a tiny batch of nuker jam.
Bread happened on Monday and Saturday.
Ancient Roman Dessert – Ova Spongia ex Lacte – Sweet Omelette
Jane’s Medieval Kitchen – Recipe 33 Honey Oat Cakes
Tasting History – Loseyns – Medieval English Lasagna!
Medieval Sweet Rice
Fried Gourds with fennel flowers – 15th cent Italy
Sewing – Kept going on doll bits on Monday, then got a trial run of a lattice pattern going on the sampler. Doll apron happened on Thursday. Finished ends on the sampler on Friday, then kept going. Doll sat because Anja is trying to find felt for the bodice.
Herb Bunch – Watering, watering, watering….. It’s that time of the summer.
Project Day – Anja stayed by the computer, working on a sampler after photos got done. Tamra was the only person who sent something. She was working on the fur collar for one of her outfits.
Anja took the DreamWeaving class from 2-3pm, then worked on plants and her sampler after getting the photos taken earlier in the day processed. Loren was feeling ill, so slept most of the day, but made a batch of bread, later.
Music – These days I’m really going for lute music for some reason.
Renaissance Music – Classical Guitar Collection (Lute Music) : John Dowland
- Medieval texts reveal false Royal Navy origins – https://phys.org/news/2020-08-medieval-texts-reveal-false-royal.html
- Why Our Ancestors Drilled Holes in Each Other’s Skulls – https://getpocket.com/explore/item/why-our-ancestors-drilled-holes-in-each-other-s-skulls
- A good site by a Laurel with lots of interesting rabbit holes to fall down. Lots of Norse. – https://sites.google.com/site/kadasresearch/home
How Was Butter Made? | Tudor Monastery EP5 | Absolute History
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 304
- ASLIII – 146
- ASLIV – 222 plus 4 puppets, 3 hippocras mix, 4 powder fort, 8 cheese spice and 9 powder douce packets, 10 tiny bobs, 7 pincushions, 3 pins, 4 snip case w/snips, lucet cords, 25 pouches for block-printing, 1 medium pouch, 4 small pouches, 12 bookmarkers, 14 unfinished pincushions, 1 sewing kit (except for bone needle), varnished stuff (124), 2 emery strawberries.
Total as a Household = 4053 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 8/24/20 & published 8/31/20 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 8/31/20
Leave a Reply