That was a fun Ithra! Loren and Anja didn’t have all that much time this week because of the big tourist weekend, but they tried. Things should start easing up, though, as September rolls on.
There are a bunch of class links, although the Ithra ones aren’t up, yet. There are some fun recipe videos plus a bunch of other links and an interesting one on brewing mead. We didn’t get that much done, but we’re working on it.
All meetings are on hold for the moment, although Project Day and the Monthly Potluck are being held in the Virtual Realm. We’re also doing mini-potlucks, just Anja & Loren and one other “pod” at a time. Let us know if you’re interested!
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese and Wine happens irregularly, usually announced with little notice on our Facebook group.
Next Virtual Potluck -9/20
- Next Winter Feast tentative Date is 2/15/21, Probably not being held….
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
DragonsLaire Investiture 09 01 2020
Glymm Mere Investiture 09 02 2020
- Educational Events
- A Master List for finding classes, webinars and other things – https://moas.eastkingdom.org/list-of-online-webinars/?fbclid=IwAR20OE8b6vvYKvmwrqwpule27szarZ7EPV-8R72F1eV2CxcdmOXQhZf9ayk
- 9/4-9/7 – An Tir Grand Ithra – https://www.facebook.com/events/283497572757576/
- Did any of you want credit for classes from the Grand Ithra? – https://sites.google.com/view/grandithra/class-credit?fbclid=IwAR3sAoZHb9SrFApmGPbnFsvib9FcsFguFI4cooriv4BJUzZaZ806A9ABJBw
There’s a sign-up deadline. I hope we’re not past it….
11/7 – The Trimaris Heraldic, Scribal, and Linguistics Symposium –
Past and Recordings
SCA Iberia – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2RmLGx_KiNzoFiM6GAu5Hg/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1
First Virtual Courtesan College – https://www.facebook.com/events/305854520537637/
has a lot of recordings here: Knowne World Courtesans – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4fFGgRQ45tEa5TR6lyUIIQ
8/15 – Wyewood We Wait? – https://www.facebook.com/events/300960464373910/
Great Performances: An SCA Bardic Showcase – https://www.facebook.com/events/1578324685650715
The event is over, but the entries are still available to view! They’re worth it!
Classes – The Grand Ithra classes aren’t available yet, but some of them were really good! Keep an eye out, here, for links.
The Anglo Saxon Christian Church
Online Class:So You Want To Be A Medieval Falconer W/Lady Dagrun
Early Week – Just projects, continuing
Cookery – Not much this week. Anja tried to start a cheese from sorrel on Sunday, but had to wait, so that will be next week.
Pliny the Elder’s Chickling Vetch Sourdough Bread Starter – Yup. You heard that right. It’s a recipe for an ancient Roman sourdough bread starter made from legumes! – https://tavolamediterranea.com/2020/08/30/pliny-elder-chickling-vetch-sourdough-bread-starter/
Saffron Garlic Cream Soup. A Cornish dish with Cornwall’s favorite spice, with Chef McBride
Medieval Afrutum – 6th-Century Byzantine Recipe
The Strange Flavor of Parthian Chicken from Ancient Rome
Brewing – This was really well done. They have the brewer with them who talks about process and sources for ingredients.
Herb Bunch – Watering/Tending, but also did a little harvesting, and planted some of the Egyptian Walking Onions on Saturday. Here’s a good link for those. – https://wimastergardener.org/article/egyptian-walking-onions/
Project Day –
Claire and Anja were both taking classes on Sunday. Cardweaving, Plagues, Commedia, Humoural Theory, redacting recipes. Anja’s pix are above in Sewing.
This is from the comments on the Facebook group. “Project Day is starting. I’m taking this class. Plagues of Europe, …tech issues, blah… Got some plant stuff done. …Interesting idea for cheese rennet…. sorrel, so I cut some and Loren’s washing it. Gonna use up another gallon of milk. … Ok, we’re done for the day. Isobel and Coleman are here and we’re gonna visit. If you’ve got any more pictures, post ’em!”
Music – Chansonnier du Roi
The event is over, but the entries are still available to view! They’re worth it! Great Performances: An SCA Bardic Showcase – https://www.facebook.com/events/1578324685650715
- Medieval Rabbit Farming – https://www.medievalists.net/2020/09/medieval-rabbit-farming/?fbclid=IwAR13F573qqeF7vHANfX0nH9glB5IuKEznkuwJ63WGLfo1nnNIv3fUGlvxlI
- Lynne Fairchild has a YouTube channel with a lot of videos on it. I’ve posted a couple of hers here in the past. COokery, Blackwork, Garb – https://www.youtube.com/c/LynneFairchild/videos
- Russian Renaissance Dance Troupe, lots of pix – http://historicaldance.spb.ru/index/performance/vento_del_tempo/
- A Black Powder friend sent this – PERIOD CORRECT COLORS & VARIATIONS – https://www.facebook.com/groups/1007048049401779/permalink/3078536488919581/
Dr Kat and Marriage in English History
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 304
- ASLIII – 146
- ASLIV – 222 plus 4 puppets, 3 hippocras mix, 4 powder fort, 8 cheese spice and 9 powder douce packets, 10 tiny bobs, 7 pincushions, 3 pins, 4 snip case w/snips, lucet cords, 25 pouches for block-printing, 1 medium pouch, 4 small pouches, 12 bookmarkers, 14 unfinished pincushions, 1 sewing kit (except for bone needle), varnished stuff (124), 2 emery strawberries.
Total as a Household = 4053 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 9/1/20 & published ?/??/20 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 9/1/20
Leave a Reply