Congratulations to the Shire of Mountain’s Edge! They joined the Summits this week and it was made official in a ceremony at the Acorn War this weekend! Welcome! Going from the banner staff to the right you can see Vesta with the Grail, Attila, Eleanor, someone, Turk in the blue robe, Pieras and Louisa (in red). To the left is the populace of Mountain’s Edge, with Tamar in orange who just has a sleeve and a bit of face visible near the middle of the group. The others your scribe does not know.
Loren and Anja are right in the worst of their move, so a number of meetings aren’t happening until next week at the earliest. We did have a project day this week and herbs are happening (although not at the stated time).
Yes, the monthly post is late. It got run over by the moving problems.
Gudrun has worked out her set of problems and moved as of this weekend, which is *really* good! She’s going to be farther away (NE Salem) but in a nice place. She might actually get to 12th Night.
We’re in process of working out who all is going to 12th Night and Anja is also hoping to get to Marya’s elevation at the Tri-Baronial Yule.
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Next Potluck – 10/21, 11/18, 12/16
- Winter Feast Date is 2/17/19
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Loren and Anja spent time on Monday with some of the woodworking projects that just take sanding and finishing, then on Tuesday, Anja put
some time in on her collarband. (pix below)
Gudrun stopped by with her Mom on Friday to drop off the sewing machine and sewing desk that she was loaned a couple of years back. She doesn’t have room in her new place.
Cookery – Some of the pickles and stew got eaten later in the week when folks visited and we kept right on with consuming pickles and butters. Too busy to do more.
A blast from the past – During the week, this set of pages from a newspaper article was posted on the Dragon’s Mist Facebook group about an event from many years ago. The article includes a bunch of recipes. If you’ve ever heard your scribe talking about her “debating partner”, that’s Ciarain (the guy in the orange) in the photos below.
Sewing– Anja is making steady progress on the neckband.
Herb Bunch – … was all watering, harvesting and tending plants. Too much to do before it starts raining!
Project Day – The weather was beautiful and this was the last day of Anja and Loren’s move. Anja was sitting at the shop embroidering while the garden stuff was moved. That means shed and tools and watering equipment that are used for the herb stuffs . The plants are all still at Rayna’s. …and sanding of spoons, butter spreader and bowls happened during the evening, but nothing got finished.
- 7200-year-old-cheesemaking – https://www.realmofhistory.com/2018/09/17/cheese-making-pottery-croatia/
- Making Manuscripts – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuNfdHNTv9o&feature=share
- Anglo-Saxon era glass bowl – http://www.culture24.org.uk/history-and-heritage/archaeology/art12605
- Heraldic Standards – https://threegoldbees.com/collegia-notes/heraldic-standards/
- Medieval Board Game Discovered in Secret Passage Under Russian Castle – http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2018/09/medieval-board-game-discovered-in-secret-passage-of-russian-castle.html
Anja, Loren, Gudrun, Isabeau (v)
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 304
- ASLIII – 81 plus 25 pouches for block-printing, 25 unfinished pincushions, 1 sewing kit (except for bone needle), varnished stuff (124)
- Total as a Household = 3765 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 9/17/18 & published 9/24/18 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 10/24/18