Chaos still reigns. Anja and Loren’s shop is still a mess. It’s a wonder that the embroidery hasn’t vanished, but it is proceeding. The amount of things that they’re finding, good things, supplies that wandered, mostly, is making resolving the chaos worthwhile, although jokes about just burning it all down made the rounds at one point…. Herbs, Sewing and Project Day all happened, but we didn’t get much in the way of pictures.
This week shouldn’t be quite as bad….we hope…
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Next Potluck – 10/21, 11/18, 12/16
- Winter Feast Date is 2/17/19
Here is the direct Portfolio link which has all the past Project Day reports and various projects, original here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and new one here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/ and number three is here: https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio/
Early Week – Amor was knapping. Loren was sanding. Anja was embroidering (pix below). Boxes of supplies came out and got sorted and put away again. As in any moving situation things appear that have been missing, so those got put away, too. Where did the House games box go?
Cookery – The An Tir Culinary group had a whole bunch of links from our target place and time for the feast.
They did a lot of the work already!
- https://sites.google.com/site/calontircoronationjuly2012/home/menu Some of that looks pretty awesome. Mushroom tarts!
- Medieval Cookery – Medieval Menus
- Meat-day Dinner, Thirty-one dishes in Six …II. Another Meat Dinner of Twenty-four Dishes …III. Another Meat DinnerIV. Another Meat DinnerV. Another Meat DinnerVI. Another Meat DinnerVII. Another Meat DinnerVIII. Another Meat DinnerIX. Another Meat DinnerX. Another Meat DishXI. Another DinnerX… medievalcookery.com
- Blanc-Manger: A Journey Through Time
- On ne fait plus que rarement le blanc-manger, et c’est chose regrettable, car c’est l’un des meilleurs entremets qui se puissent servir, quand il est bien préparé. (Blanc-manger is very rarely made nowadays which is to be regretted because when well made it can be one of the best sweets serv… hertzmann.com
…also some of the ‘Danes from the local community were talking about the fig rennet cheese on Saturday.
…and we ended Project Day with tasting some pickled capers for the Sauce Robert (that shall henceforth be known as “sauce bob”….) Sauce Robert is from Le Menagier de Paris, and is made with butter, mustard, cider vinegar, capers and green onions.
Sewing – Moar embroidery, collarband
Herb Bunch – Went out hunting for this ‘shroom. No luck.
…but we did have luck with a small tree. …and sold a couple of the tiny starts which will help pay for the potting soil for the rest of the herbs
Project Day – Had to be fitted in around Anja and Loren’s customers at the shop and also around trying to get the sorting out after the move done. She worked on embroidery and sanding. He did sanding and started a bone needle. No pictures.
Music – Medieval Llibre Vermell de Montserrat Alla Francesca Instruments du Moyen Age
St Cuthbert Gospel: Talismanic Medieval Holy Book Used to Ward off Evil Forces Publicly Revealed – https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/st-cuthbert-gospel-0010775
The pepperpot roof of the Guedelon Chapel.
Anja, Aymer (v), Loren, Isabeau (v)
Largesse Item Count – (includes gifts, prizes, auction items, etc.)
- ASXLVII = 24
- ASXLVIII = 88
- ASXLIX = 794
- ASL = 2138
- ASLI = 731
- ASLII = 304
- ASLIII – 81 plus 25 pouches for block-printing, 25 unfinished pincushions, 1 sewing kit (except for bone needle), varnished stuff (124)
- Total as a Household = 3765 handed off
In ministerio autem Somnium! Anja, graeca doctrina servus to House Capuchin
Page Created 9/24/18 & published 9/30/18 (C)M. Bartlett
Last updated 9/30/18