Our Winter Feast is set for February 17 and the hall reserved for the event, which will include a handfasting during the afternoon! Anja is autocrat, Isabeau is feast-crat, the theme is 1400’s France and there will be lots more information to come!
We were very sad during these last weeks because of the deaths of Jeanne (Friend of the House), and His Royal Highness Titus Scipio Germanicus of Aethelmearc, among others, and three House members moved very far away.
We were very happy during these last weeks because we got to spend time with Clarisse (Friend of the House), got to see the pictures and hear of the knighting of Helga in West Kingdom, and got to talk to members of the Starfollower Consort about coming out here for our Winter Feast. Amor and Gogor checked in and told us about projects and we’ve talked to three new people!
There were a number of events, none of which house members attended, but there are pictures from Egil’s, Investiture, and An Tir/ West War and we had a *great* display for the Waldport Beachcomber Days! We’ve actually been asked to do it again, next year, and to be in the parade.
There were three potlucks (two House and one Tymberhavene) that folks attended and of cookery were: tvarog, soup from greens, chive fritters, candied violets, cheese dumplings, lentils, rose sugar, layered strawberry preserve, beef potroast, pork roast, borscht, kolace, rye and wheat breads, Seamus’ wonderful soup, and carrot, egg, turnip, parsnip, asparagus, bean and strawberry pickles! Gogor and Anja were working through some cookbooks and finding strawberry recipes, meat pies, a chicken subtlety, another rabbit pie recipe and more cookbook links!
The Herb Bunch and our cooks were drying herbs for cooking, harvesting greens, cow parsnip for dye, hops for beer or sleep pillows and ferns, and starting roses, geraniums and succulents. A Hedeby bag frame was created and some spoons finished, plus Amor showed off his obsidian knapping and the tools for it. Anja’s pouch project got finished, the blackworked shirts were worn and a page created about them, a ball got stitched along with some baby things and a lovely (mudane) dress that Isabeau did.
…and there are lots and lots of links and music and funnies in the various reports!
August’s potluck is scheduled for 8/19 and mostly meetings are going on as scheduled.
This month (these are standard meeting times)
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese and Wine is an occasional meeting. Watch our Facebook group for notices!
- Potluck is usually 3rd Sunday of the month. In garb (if you can) and bring a dish to share! (Next 8/19, 9/16 and 10/21)
- Activities through 5-27-18 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-1oG
- Activities through 6-3-18 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-1pK
- Activities through 6-10-18 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-1qu
- Activities through 6-17-18 Beachcombers display and Potluck – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-1sL
- Activities through 6-24-18 Investiture – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-1tB
- Activities through 7-1-18 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-1uc
- Activities through 7-8-18 War – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-1v6
- Activities through 7-15-18 Potluck – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-1wb
…and this coming week’s (live by Monday) https://wp.me/p8ngGY-1xx
Here are the direct Portfolio links which have all the past Project Day reports and all the various projects, just whomp through pictures until what you see appeals to you, mouse-hover on the pic and then hit “view” when that shows.
- Original Blog (pre-7/19/15) here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/
- Our newer portfolio (7/20/15 – 2/6/17) is here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/
- …and the newest (2/6/17 and newer) https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio
…and to get to Ancient Light – https://www.google.com/maps/dir/”/firstname.lastname@example.org,-124.1371198,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x54c1c24bf1be429f:0x69542f3011d51d41!2m2!1d-124.06708!2d44.426685