It’s been quieter for the House this month. Most people out here on the coast are up to their ears in work, with the tourist season in full swing, and mostly everyone is too tired to do much. There are still ongoing projects and we did have a good potluck, but next month should see things picking up a little, especially since some displays are going to Shrewsbury and largesse to the Principality.
A hedeby bag got completed and sent off in a gift exchange along with some other goodies. We’ve done a *lot* of cooking, since we all have to eat. Anja’s garden has gotten shifted to a holding spot as they move and lots of starts and re-potting has been going on. Anja’s been working on some other embroideries, particularly a small collar band and cuffs to match Seamus’ shirt. 🙂 Amor, up in Alaska, has been doing a lot of knapping of obsidian and making tools for it. Sabrina is looking at carrying more local and handmade
wool in her shop and using it in her weaving. Isabeau and Anja have been starting the process of planning and trying dishes for the feast, plus an idea for site tokens got floated and then started.
…and a lot of SCA politics blew up, so a few pieces that seemed worthwhile have been in the newsletters.
This month (these are standard meeting times)
- Herb Bunch – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 11am-1pm
- Sewing Time – At Ancient Light, Saturdays, 3-5pm
- Project Day – At Ancient Light, Sundays, Noon to 6pm
- Cheese and Wine is an occasional meeting. Watch our Facebook group for notices!
- Potluck is usually 3rd Sunday of the month. In garb (if you can) and bring a dish to share! (Next 9/16, 10/21, 11/18)
- Activities through 7-22-18 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-1xx
- Activities through 7-29-18 Pennsic & Stormgods – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-1y8
- Activities through 8-5-18 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-1ys
- Activities through 8-12-18 – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-1zG
- Activities through 8-19-18 Potluck – https://wp.me/p8ngGY-1Aw
…and this coming week’s (live by Monday) https://wp.me/p8ngGY-1BO
Here are the direct Portfolio links which have all the past Project Day reports and all the various projects, just whomp through pictures until what you see appeals to you, mouse-hover on the pic
and then hit “view” when that shows.
- Original Blog (pre-7/19/15) here: https://housecapuchin.wordpress.com/portfolio/
- Our newer portfolio (7/20/15 – 2/6/17) is here: https://housecapuchin2.wordpress.com/portfolio/
- …and the newest (2/6/17 and newer) https://housecapuchin3.wordpress.com/portfolio
…and to get to Ancient Light – https://www.google.com/maps/dir/”/email@example.com,-124.1371198,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x54c1c24bf1be429f:0x69542f3011d51d41!2m2!1d-124.06708!2d44.426685